Mirrors

-

David Abberton

Aussie Dart
Reaction score
Could someone pls enlighten me as to the correct position of the offside (passenger side)external mirror. I was just going put it in the same place as the driver side (directly opposite though) when I noticed on my son's Ford ,there was a difference of about 4 inches, the passenger side set back - so as to afford the driver a clearer view ??? What was the factory placement on A bodies (68/69 Darts especially).A big shout to the Professor from Aussie Dart.

On my ' 64 Valiant the passenger mirror is a few inches rearward of the drivers side mirror. If it is mounted with the same spacing as the driver side it is blocked by the vent window post.
When I was researching this I was told that a passenger side mirror was a towing option installed at the dealer, and the correct positions is rearward of the drivers side. This was in a post somewhere here on the forum.

On my ' 64 Valiant the passenger mirror is a few inches rearward of the drivers side mirror. If it is mounted with the same spacing as the driver side it is blocked by the vent window post.
When I was researching this I was told that a passenger side mirror was a towing option installed at the dealer, and the correct positions is rearward of the drivers side. This was in a post somewhere here on the forum.
Thanks for that mate. Any suggestions on how to find that post? Dave

There is a factory template for the right side mirror that was sent to dealers who installed the mirror . Someone has the downloadable template : mymopar.com allpar.com moparornocar.com

There is a factory template for the right side mirror that was sent to dealers who installed the mirror . Someone has the downloadable template : mymopar.com allpar.com moparornocar.com
Would any one be able to assist me with accessing the factory template l tried the above link with no success, thanks Dave.

Could someone pls enlighten me as to the correct position of the offside (passenger side)external mirror. I was just going put it in the same place as the driver side (directly opposite though) when I noticed on my son's Ford ,there was a difference of about 4 inches, the passenger side set back - so as to afford the driver a clearer view ??? What was the factory placement on A bodies (68/69 Darts especially).A big shout to the Professor from Aussie Dart.
If this is not some concourse restoration, I would just sit in the drivers seat and navigate a competent person to the "affordable " view.

-
Back