Missing Fender Tag - Can I Get Tag Info From VIN ????

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The previous owner evidently removed the fender tag from my '69 Dart. Can I somehow get the option codes somewhere from the VIN# information?

Nope. The only other way to get the option codes is a broadcast sheet. VIN just says model, year, engine, plant, and serial number.

If your fender tag is missing, only way I know of to get your option info is from the build sheet. Hopefully, you have that.....

Hope you don't have the same problem that I do on a 69 340 cuda.Bought the car from PO gave me the title and said he had the tag and broadcast sheet in a safe deposit box.This went on for a while then I get a call and he says I gotta buy the tag and broadcast sheet.Good Luck!

On a side note...... Unless your car is a performance model, missing the fender tag doesn't affect resale value very much.

Nope, didn't start life as a performance model anyway. Was originally the previous owner's grandfather's car and started out as a 270 so no big deal on the missing fender tag. I was primarily interested in the build date so I'd know when to celebrate it's "birthday".
I'll get busy and start pulling seats looking for the broadcast sheet but don't have much hope in finding them because the PO put new carpet in the car.
Thanks for the info, everyone!

Nope, didn't start life as a performance model anyway. Was originally the previous owner's grandfather's car and started out as a 270 so no big deal on the missing fender tag. I was primarily interested in the build date so I'd know when to celebrate it's "birthday".
I'll get busy and start pulling seats looking for the broadcast sheet but don't have much hope in finding them because the PO put new carpet in the car.
Thanks for the info, everyone!

I know ALL 67-69 cudas were built at Hamtramck. (7th digit in VIN is factory where built, Hamtranck is B) That digit will be on your VIN.

It would be up to you, but if you posted your last 6 digits, maybe someone on here could say "Hey, that's only a few numbers from mine and my car was built on May 5th" or whatever. That way you could celebrate the birthday. (I usually buy my car a present, really. I've even taken a dozen donuts to work and when people ask why, I tell them my car is 42 years old today)

Just by looking at other 1969 cars at car shows, I've found 2 others that were built on the same day as mine, June 13, 1969. (Yep, Friday the 13th which explains a lot) One is another 340 Barracuda, approx 40 numbers earlier than mine. The other is a Sport Satellite with a factory 383 4 speed combo. (It's a virtual Road Runner in plain clothes) The 8th-13th digits of the VIN went sequentially for all model cars built at that particular plant, not just Darts, Barracudas, etc. So the models are all intertwined.

I can't remember if the scheduled build date is on the door sticker on the earlier years.

My 73 has a scheduled build date of 1-26 and the same date is on the IBM punch card, data tag and the broadcast sheet.

My door tag says 1-22..... Month Day Hour Lower Left Corner
Figure that one out.

P2072502.jpg

my 67 cuda had a fender tag but it didnt have a vin no the tag, is it supposed to match in any way with the vin number? I know some cars do I just didn't know if it was off another car (why would someone do a 225 slant 6 fender tag switch I don't know) just wondering, and how can I decode the fender tag?

my 67 cuda had a fender tag but it didnt have a vin no the tag, is it supposed to match in any way with the vin number? I know some cars do I just didn't know if it was off another car (why would someone do a 225 slant 6 fender tag switch I don't know) just wondering, and how can I decode the fender tag?

Start a new thread and post your fender tag. Someone here will be able to decode it.

-
Back