Moderators/Joey...........or computer folks

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How do I post an active excel spreadsheet link that i can update throughout the whole 2018 year?

Post #2 in this thread.... www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/2018-small-block-race-join-the-fun.399661/
I need to update the entries/standings or any other changes as the year goes on. Problem is, I can't post a link to the spreadsheet like i did last year. Last year, i just updated the spreadsheet and the changes automatically showed in the link i posted. This year, I have to turn the spreadsheet into a PDF to post, but then i can't make changes to it. I have to change the spreadsheet, then make another PDF, edit the post and delete the old PDF and upload the new PDF.
However, after a couple of weeks, the edit option goes away so I won't be able to even upload a new PDF.?.?. I wanted to keep the information in the first two post for easy access. i didn't want folks to have to scroll through pages to find the "latest and greatest".

Last, I'm not a computer wizard, so any help I'd appreciate.

Thanks,
318willrun

the spreadsheet would have to be hosted someplace. You cant upload an excel spreadsheet directly.

the spreadsheet would have to be hosted someplace. You cant upload an excel spreadsheet directly.
Well, last year i uploaded a link to my spreadsheet. everyone clicked the link, and they could see my spreadsheet. I just made changes to the spreadsheet at my computer here at home, and the changes showed up in the link. I can't upload a link for some reason this year.
Can I host the spreadsheet on my computer and post a link?
thanks

Or... is there a way i can keep the "edit" option for that post throughout this year?

Or... is there a way i can keep the "edit" option for that post throughout this year?

Sorry, no. Posts can be edited for a week only. It's always been that way.

Can I host the spreadsheet on my computer and post a link?

Sorry, no.

Well, last year i uploaded a link to my spreadsheet.

Um, I don't think it was last year. 2 years ago maybe. Nothing has changed in the last year as far as what your talking about. We changed the software 2 years ago.

Um, I don't think it was last year. 2 years ago maybe. Nothing has changed in the last year as far as what your talking about. We changed the software 2 years ago.
Here it is, 1st post of this thread. Click on the penalty box. 2017 318 RACE !! .... please join the fun
Last year, i controlled this from my PC and spreadsheet. The entry link i messed up this year trying to copy it in Microsoft One drive.

Here it is, 1st post of this thread. Click on the penalty box. 2017 318 RACE !! .... please join the fun
Last year, i controlled this from my PC and spreadsheet. The entry link i messed up this year trying to copy it in Microsoft One drive.

Yeah, onedrive hosted it...

I don't know much about onedrive as I don't use it. But your problem isn't with FABO its with onedrive. I wish I could help more -- I just don't use onedrive.

-
Back