modern challenger wheels on earier mopar ?

-
Challenger is 115mmx5 and 70s 114.3mm or 4.5in by 5. Now some say you can run them but, I have another idea. Don’t ignore “aftermarket” wheels a Challenger person is selling. When I looked around, some folks actually were using the 114.3. I bought a set of Riddlers cheap.

You'll find that for most applications the modern wheels have way too much offset (too deep on back side of the wheel). This tends to cause clearance issues.

You'll find that for most applications the modern wheels have way too much offset (too deep on back side of the wheel). This tends to cause clearance issues.
Agreed.

To the OP, if you want modern style rims, check out Americanmuscle.com they have several options, best though is to call them and tell them what you're after. Very nice quality for the money.

0lus at american muscle the mustang rims have the correct bolt circle.

They are the right bolt pattern but the center bore is smaller...ran into this issue with the 17x8s I'm running. I had to use a rotary bit to open up the bores enough to fit.

20190814_195513.jpg

About the only late model alloy wheels that have the correct spacing and pattern are jeep wheels, and that's changed/changing. Just buy the right wheels. That being said, good luck finding an online bolt pattern guide that is correct!

They are the right bolt pattern but the center bore is smaller...ran into this issue with the 17x8s I'm running. I had to use a rotary bit to open up the bores enough to fit.

View attachment 1715409120

Hub concentricity isn't your thing, is it?

About the only late model alloy wheels that have the correct spacing and pattern are jeep wheels, and that's changed/changing. Just buy the right wheels. That being said, good luck finding an online bolt pattern guide that is correct!

Hub concentricity isn't your thing, is it?

I spent 8 hrs doing all 4 rims, test fitting, measuring and sanding. 100% perfect fit in my case, no vibrations at 90mph.

I spent 8 hrs doing all 4 rims, test fitting, measuring and sanding. 100% perfect fit in my case, no vibrations at 90mph.

I was being kinda sarcastic (not at you). It wasn't Chrysler's thing either with the Magnum 500's, and they were disgustingly oversized and still worked fine.

-
Back