Modern stereo solution.

-

72Valiant4Door

Trouble Maker
Reaction score
New Pyle PLMRA630BT 2000 Watt 6 Channel Bluetooth Marine Bridgeable Amplifier | eBay

I was looking into hidden stereos to avoid destroying my dash... the biggest thing i want is bluetooth... everything else is already archaic.

I found a few solutions for stealth stereos but realized... they are really just amplifiers.

I am installing kick panel speakers, rear 6x9s and the front dual 4"... so i need 6 channels and some power.

That is what led me to bluetooth amps. A perfect solution. Cheaper and more powerful than other stealth options.

Battery relocation to the trunk makes it even easier.

The solution has me amped.:steering:

From what I have seen Bluetooth is lacking in sound quality compared to a wired setup. IMO a Huge difference. It works but that is about all.

I put a stereo in my trunk with a hard wire marine remote mounted under the dash. Works great.

I put one of these motorcycle units in the glove box and changed the antenna to a regular cable socket and put a hidden antenna in the A pillar. Takes SD and USB flash drives along with AM/FM receiver.

HY2008-USB-MP3-FM-SD-Sound-Mode-Digital-Display-HIFI-Car-Motorcycle-Stereo-Amplifier-20W-20W.jpg_220x220.jpg

I put one of these motorcycle units in the glove box and changed the antenna to a regular cable socket and put a hidden antenna in the A pillar. Takes SD and USB flash drives along with AM/FM receiver.

HY2008-USB-MP3-FM-SD-Sound-Mode-Digital-Display-HIFI-Car-Motorcycle-Stereo-Amplifier-20W-20W.jpg_220x220.jpg

Where did you get that? I'm sure it has an aux in as well?

From what I have seen Bluetooth is lacking in sound quality compared to a wired setup. IMO a Huge difference. It works but that is about all.

Same here, I have yet to come across a Bluetooth setup that has similar sound quality to something that is wired. It will be even more noticeable once it is amplified at a louder volume too.

I hope it works out for you, I would rather just run a couple wires under the carpet though.

I just wired an aux input into the stock stereo, and plug my mp3 (which also picks up fm radio) in and it plays through the existing circuitry. It even acquires vintage sounds if you set it up right.

I may wire in a reciever at a later date... but taking care of my amplifier and bluetooth audio needs at tthe same time is the perfect combo.

My smartphone has a fm receiver in it.

Yea, now where to put speakers in my convertible :)
I hear that! Still working on where to put them in my '64 Dart Conv. When I bought the car (back in '78), I found the original owner had put small, 4" round, in the rear side panels under the arm rest - of course he then cut the window cranks because they hit the speaker grill!.. gotta be a better solution.

I'm the LAST guy to advocate cutting the dash.......but I did it and I'm really glad I did. Here's what I put in mine. AM/FM/CD/AUX/MP3/Blootoof/ABC/ZYX and any other letters you can think of, it's in there....except for lgbtqia or any of that "mess". I'm glad I did it. It's really nice and actually in the 21st century. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
DSCF1561.JPG

...and WTF do you need 2000 watts for? Huh what'd you say?

I'm still debating on what to put in my Barracuda. BUT, as far as bluetooth sound quality, I don't hear a difference (than again I'm reasonably tone deaf). I have a bluetooth speaker that I use at work and it sounds fine. The new Hyundai has bluetooth and Android Auto (USB connection). Can't tell the difference between those two.

-
Back