Modernizing 65 Dart Radiator Coolant Overflow

-

BentBow

65 Dart GT & 66 Barracuda
Reaction score
When I started bringing this old girl back from the grave, I had the radiator fixed. I don't think they rodded it out. I think he just fixed the leak.
Well, once I got her road worth and pass inspection, It would puke coolant on the ground after driving. Then a few of the next times driving it, it would got on the hot side of the gauge.
Pop the radiator cap and add almost a gallon of water/coolant.
Got a wild hair and started searching recovery tanks. Looking at pictures, but not knowing size.
I said what the hell, I own a 2 dodge trucks, a 08 2500 and a 92 Dakota. Let's order one of them and see.
92 Dakota, fit like it was OEM, after I made a bracket out of some scrap aluminum.
Right in front of the battery tray and radiator support.

DSC04730.JPG

DSC04731.JPG

DSC04732.JPG

DSC04729.JPG

When I started bringing this old girl back from the grave, I had the radiator fixed. I don't think they rodded it out. I think he just fixed the leak.
Well, once I got her road worth and pass inspection, It would puke coolant on the ground after driving. Then a few of the next times driving it, it would got on the hot side of the gauge.
Pop the radiator cap and add almost a gallon of water/coolant.
Got a wild hair and started searching recovery tanks. Looking at pictures, but not knowing size.
I said what the hell, I own a 2 dodge trucks, a 08 2500 and a 92 Dakota. Let's order one of them and see.
92 Dakota, fit like it was OEM, after I made a bracket out of some scrap aluminum.
Right in front of the battery tray and radiator support.

View attachment 1715208359

View attachment 1715208360

View attachment 1715208361

View attachment 1715208362

Nice, I was hoping you would start a thread and show us.

Well i know what im doing saturday. Thanks for the pics and info.

-
Back