Monday's haven't been good for me. accident in the duster today

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been a while since I posted an in depth thread about anything, so figured I would check in. The last several Monday's have not been good to me and today was no different. Today I was driving down the road and hit a piece of concrete that has caused a lot of damage. Basically it's wiped out my whole exhaust and headers and the oil pan. I think it did something somehow with the electrical too as I have smelt electrical burning since (only drove it home). I then went to start it to move it and it cranked like one rev and it quit cranking and smoke came out of the column. The driver header is pushed up into the starter now, so it may be doing something there. I did disconnect the battery as I'm afraid it's going to catch on fire. Pretty upset about this as I love the car and it's my daily driver. And I really don't have the extra cash right now. Last Monday I had the pleasure of being diagnosed with type two diabetes, Been a great last little while.

On the plus side, only hours before my accident, I installed the Cragar SSTs I finely found for it. :)
And health related, I have lost over 110lbs since August 2013...

Life's not all bad...

And the transformation of myself. I wish I would have started years ago. The chance of me becoming diabetic would have been cut drastically.

Holy CRAP! Sorry for your troubles! and Congrats on the reduction in tonnage!

While the damage to the car is a bummer, the main issue you mentioned is Type 2 Diabetes. Listen to what the Doc tells you, watch your weight, get of the couch and take your meds.

Prayers and good thought for you!

Man, that concrete went through there like a freight train!!

On a good note, you look great!! I'm very proud of you for thinking of your health first, and really carrying through!! Congrats man, you deserve it!!! Geof

Sorry to hear about your ride. Congrats on the weight loss. On the bright side you now have a great excuse to get some d453's

D453s? Are those dougs headers? I was actually goin to ask what's better, dougs or TTI?

And thanks for the compliments on me, it's been hard, but worth it.

Man losin the weight is awesome. Good for you. I wish I could lose my fatass some weight.

Is it leakin oil? If the pan isn't busted you can probably remove it and straighten it out with a BFH and piece of 2x4.

I don't think the headers will be that easy a fix, unfortunately.

I'm going to try and fix the oil pan, but the headers and exhaust are toast...

Hang in there man, focus on the positive. Things can always be worse, could have got body damage, paint etc. Your mind seems like its in the right place! Take care of yourself so you can enjoy the car.

10920D10-922F-4D35-AFFE-EDC7B03D2998.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

At least that wasn't the start of your week.

First let me congratulate you on looking after your health :glasses7: and Wow man :cheers: you look great with all the weight loss and looking reasonable and taking care of your health :color:
I hope your bad Mondays are behind you, and hope some of our members here has a fire wall wiring circuit that will plug in and play for you.
Was the junk concrete something that feel off a truck loud ?

Good looking car J-Mac, too bad about the accident, coulda been worse of course. Keep up the good work on your healthy new life style!

J-Mac, Sorry to read about your car. It does look great with the new wheels....I know you can fix it :thumbup:

I can honestly say I doubt I'd recognize you after losing all that weight. Congrats & keep up with the healthy lifestyle :D

-
Back