Monroe air shocks

-
They don't say much but they say 80-150 psi . They don't really go up unless psi over 80 either

Air shocks hold such a little volume of air, just checking the pressure with a gauge can let a lot out.

so this is from their website. looked up shocks for a 70 duster.

"Ideal For Hauling, Monroe® Max-Air® Shock Absorbers Can Be Inflated Or Deflated Up To 150 PSI To Maintain Level Height With Additional Weight Up To 1,200 Lbs. (Capacity Is Limited By Vehicle Suspension, Tires And Transmission. See Vehicle Owner's Manual.)

MAINTAIN RIDE HEIGHT UNDER LOAD -- Air Chamber Can Be Inflated Or Deflated Up To 150 PSI To Maintain Level Height With Additional Weight Up To 1,200 Lbs. (Capacity Is Limited By Suspension, Tires And Transmission; See Owner's Manual)
EASY TO ADJUST -- Special Air Fitting Resists Air Leakage And Ties Into Factory System (Where Applicable) Or Manually Inflates With An Air Compressor; Pair With Monroe Air Shock Accessory And Shock Air Hose AK Kits (Varies By Application)
EXCEPTIONAL HANDLING -- Full-Displaced Valving On Compression And Extension Cycles For A Smooth Ride
BUILT TO LAST -- Hardened And Precision Ground Piston Rod For Consistent Performance, Sintered Iron Piston For Enhanced Durability And Longer Service Life And Lubricated Air Sleeve Reduces Friction For Smooth Operation
CONSISTENT RIDE -- OE All-Weather Fluid Contains Special Modifiers To Handle Extreme Temperatures And Help Reduce Friction And Ensure Smooth Rod Reaction".

Step 1: Admit that your plan is 'tarded.
Step 2: Take the rear springs off. It's easy. You don't even have to pull the axle. Just a jack and stands at a minimum.
Step 3: Steal another car and take your springs to a leaf spring shop.
Step 4: Tell the leaf spring shop you're a recovering 'tard and need to increase the rear ride height by "X" amount of inches.
Step 5: Drink Mountain Dew while spring shop does their thing.
Step 6: Go home, turn back the clock, reinstall newly modified springs.
Step 6a: Ditch stolen car. It was probably a Kia anyway.
Step 7: Pull 'tarded pickup shocks, install proper shocks, possibly longer ones depending on "X" from Step 4. Sell 'tarded pickup shocks to some 'tard. You don't need them because you're not 'tarded any more.
Step 8: Realize that height and load are controlled by springs, not shocks. Shocks are damping only.

1977 called, and they want their ignorant air shocks returned to them.

Step 2: Take the rear springs off. It's easy. You don't even have to pull the axle. Just a jack and stands at a minimum.
Step 4: Tell the leaf spring shop you're a recovering 'tard and need to increase the rear ride height by "X" amount of inches.
Step 7: Pull retarded pickup shocks, install proper shocks, possibly longer ones depending on "X" from Step 4.
Step 8: Realize that height and load are controlled by springs, not shocks. Shocks are damping only.

:rofl: :rofl: 1977 is right on! It looked cool but rode like a truck and handled even worse.

13876475_1219386948074572_14449091817242745_n.jpg

Step 7: Pull 'tarded pickup shocks, install proper shocks, possibly longer ones depending on "X" from Step 4. Sell 'tarded pickup shocks to some 'tard. You don't need them because you're not 'tarded any more.

They're brand new leafs , brand new shocks not trying to get my height any real difference than most other dusters lol . This is height I want and need to keep . Issue is they go low and if I load trunk up with stuff they sag easily too . My power tour Load wasn't even that much stuff and sagd the rear badly

5CA0949F-00A2-40B1-BADF-33004AFA67B2.jpeg

They're brand new leafs , brand new shocks not trying to get my height any real difference than most other dusters lol . This is height I want and need to keep . Issue is they go low and if I load trunk up with stuff they sag easily too . My power tour Load wasn't even that much stuff and sagd the rear badly

View attachment 1716058003
Looks like plenty of room on the outside. Where do they rub? 255's here on 15x7 with a 4.25 backspace. Just an extra leaf on mine.

002.JPG

818.jpg

View attachment 1716058003

sell those springs . call espo and order a set of their 6 leaf +2" springs. i think you'll be happier with the results. and if when loaded it sags a little too much you'll get away with your shocks and much less air.

Well I talking about my duster now but . My 72 dart with leaf spring in boarding kit my 255s barely clear but on hard turns my 255/70/15 rub Frame & trunk well a little . Not my quarter .

Keep in mind these cars are not that exact same . I've seen stuff 1/8 and 1/4 off on exact year and make original cars .even graveyard cars talked about that . 1/4 is alot for tire Clearance lol

But yes my dart air shocks leak the exact Same way
You better re-read the installation instructions. You are doing something wrong if you are having issues with both. We would spray them with soapy water and look for bubbles. You can also take them off, air them up and dunk them in a bucket full of water.

72 dart , 8 3/4 rear , old style leaf spring inboard kit which moves leafs in like 3/4 " . My 255/70/15 cooper Cobras barely fit . Rub frame rail and inner trunk well on hard turns where body rolls . Not taller talkinf about clearances here . I'm talking about these air shocks not holding pressure and leaking down over 2-3 week period.

A0E8AEBE-D957-46D5-9D90-6CC416EB005E.png

72 dart , 8 3/4 rear , old style leaf spring inboard kit which moves leafs in like 3/4 " . My 255/70/15 cooper Cobras barely fit . Rub frame rail and inner trunk well on hard turns where body rolls . Not taller talkinf about clearances here . I'm talking about these air shocks not holding pressure and leaking down over 2-3 week period.

View attachment 1716058017
Wrong offset wheels.

You better re-read the installation instructions. You are doing something wrong if you are having issues with both. We would spray them with soapy water and look for bubbles. You can also take them off, air them up and dunk them in a bucket full of water.
Again done this over and over . It takes weeks 2-3 to drop . The shocks say 80-150 psi . They don't even rise unless 80-90 in them most I've ever gotten is 115 . They hold for 2-3 weeks . I can't even get 150 in them but 100-115 and they leak down 75 ish over 3 weeks and stop .
It's got to be cheap made shock not being able to hold .

Miss spoke

Both my rear wheels are the same

On both my cars my 71 duster with 275/60/15 . No leaf spring inboard kit , rub quarter if car is too low .

72 dart with leader spring inboard kit , rubs frame with 255/70/15 on hard turns

Again issue I'm complaining about these Monroe shocks not holding over 2-3 weeks . And why they don't rise unless at 80 ish psi and come with instructions say 80-150 psi . And again it's not the o rings .

Wheel Vintiques 61-5754044 Wheel Vintiques 61 Series Chrysler Rallye Silver Wheels | Summit Racing

BFE837DA-E155-444A-93C0-349174046DF1.png

Give me a better shock suggestion I guess.

These ones are not doing well on either of my cars or two other cars we put them on
. I don't use the tee and so they're individually filled and yet leak down to exact psi 75 ish and stop .

I even put 3" line and fill valve in each and filled it that way and sure enough over few weeks cars have all dropped from 100 psi to 75 and that's basically empty

MA757

Miss spoke

Both my rear wheels are the same

On both my cars my 71 duster with 275/60/15 . No leaf spring inboard kit , rub quarter if car is too low .

72 dart with leader spring inboard kit , rubs frame with 255/70/15 on hard turns

Again issue I'm complaining about these Monroe shocks not holding over 2-3 weeks . And why they don't rise unless at 80 ish psi and come with instructions say 80-150 psi . And again it's not the o rings .

Wheel Vintiques 61-5754044 Wheel Vintiques 61 Series Chrysler Rallye Silver Wheels | Summit Racing

View attachment 1716058019
Same as mine

These wheels suck lol . They're all horribly imbalanced but it's only wheel we can afford and in 15" and in small bolt pattern. We like the police style 14" wheel ideally but they don't make in small bolt pattern.

Not for this guy, but for others reading this post. 5 on 4" bolt circle,
The car was designed for and came with a 14 x 5.5" rim. 8" section width. a 25" tall tire. D or E-70 x 14 or smaller.
We are trying to fit a 15x7" rim with a 28-29" tall tire. 10.8' section width. 4.25" Back space. 275/60-15
Fitment charts say this won't fit, true.
Tire is too wide for the rim, should be 8".
Fitment charts recommend for this car a 14x7 or 15x6 max for fit. With the 4" bolt pattern ( limited rim selection)
Like trying to put 5lbs of s**t in a 1lb bag.
Biggest problem, wrong tire and rim offset (bolt pattern doesn't help either.)
Solutions.
(1) If you have to have that size tire/wheel you have to $pend. Offset spring kit, possible inner wheel tub mod. bolt pattern upgrade.
(2) Easiest, smaller tire. The 7" rim is designed for a 235-245mm tire size 9.25 section width, 26" tall

Not for this guy, but for others reading this post. 5 on 4" bolt circle,
The car was designed for and came with a 14 x 5.5" rim. 8" section width. a 25" tall tire. D or E-70 x 14 or smaller.
We are trying to fit a 15x7" rim with a 28-29" tall tire. 10.8' section width. 4.25" Back space. 275/60-15
Fitment charts say this won't fit, true.
Tire is too wide for the rim, should be 8".
Fitment charts recommend for this car a 14x7 or 15x6 max for fit. With the 4" bolt pattern ( limited rim selection)
Like trying to put 5lbs of s**t in a 1lb bag.
Biggest problem, wrong tire and rim offset (bolt pattern doesn't help either.)
Solutions.
(1) If you have to have that size tire/wheel you have to $pend. Offset spring kit, possible inner wheel tub mod. bolt pattern upgrade.
(2) Easiest, smaller tire. The 7" rim is designed for a 235-245mm tire size 9.25 section width, 26" tall
I waited for nearly 2 years for the 15 x 8 in back order from anyone who sells those wheels. 14" wheels are dumb . 275 or bust lol . Also the shocks leaking down have nothing to do with my tire choices.

-
Back