Monroe Matic Plus Shocks

-

Soren

Reaction score
Found a new set (front and rear) of Monroe Matic Plus Shocks on eBay for about $86. I was thinking about maybe getting them for the '63 Dart. I don't really know much about suspension or shocks or what to look for. So, I am asking here.
Once I get the car done, More than likely it'll be more of an around town cruiser than anything. I'm not going to racing it or hitting the back twisty roads hard. So, the question is, are the Monroe Matic Plus shocks any good? What does anyone else use in their early a-bodies?

they're o.k.. I have them . If you're not goin to race it or drive in the twisties what are ya gonna do ? Back it in and out of your garage ?

They work for me stock suspension & ride height ,Middle of the road performance everyday driver

If you're not goin to race it or drive in the twisties what are ya gonna do ? Back it in and out of your garage ?
LOL... Just drive around town hit the back country roads sometimes, just normal driving. I have a couple motorcycles for when I want to hit the back road twisties. I don't have anything really for racing, but my wife uses her 2012 Avenger for bracket racing sometimes.

I've got them on my 64 Valiant. I'd say they are slightly better than what the car was equipped with from the factory. They control my suspension adequately for an around town, slant six cruiser. They are certainly better that the worn out shocks that were on it! If a stock replacement is what you are expecting these should fit your needs.

Ran 'em for years on my GTS. Took them off the GTS and put them on a big block '67 Barracuda we were building. They are absolutely fine for stock suspension.

Going to be mighty fine for normal driving -- since they are gas - charged, they will give you a very comfortable ride -- better than the factory's old hydraulic shocks.... And certainly at a very economy rate....
The only other way to go that are debatably better are the KYBs or Bilsteins -- but now you are getting into far more serious $$$$$$....
Don't worry -- be Happy -- with Monroe Matic Plus..

I had them and hated them. Way to soft for my liking, and only lasted 2 years. I swapped them for the Bilsteins from PST and couldnt be happier.

-
Back