Monster Mopar Weekend

-
Where have i been? We stay in Fairview Hieghts. It's on 64 out of St Louis. If your coming in to St Louis on 44 just hang right after crossingthe bridge and head kinda south east on 64. Not sure the exit number for Fairview Hieghts but it's easy to find. Lots of eat places on the left and several motels there also with many places to eat in walking distance. We have lots of fun even after we get back to camp. Mike, Tell em about the survey we took last year for our "Cooking Magazine". Who cares if you have a 30 min wait to eat. People are thinkin we have WAY too much fun ....and we do. We stay at the Hotel 8 or Budget 8. Not really sure which it is but ya cant miss it. When you make the Farview exit, turn left and go across the hywy and turn left again into the motel/resturant complex. Your there. I'll research more this evening and post some definate locations but this info will get you there. Would love to see all of ya. Leanna, when you come be sure and bring some samples and a banner and you can set up in my space. I'll have a 20'x100'.
Small Block

I'm lookin forward to being there with my 68 dart gts. I've entered it in nonjudged. You folks will know me instantly since I'm sporting a bright orange cast on my right leg. Hopefully I'll be in a walking boot by then. Leanna I'm looking forward to meeting you also. Bill, I hope you have some room for some of my stuff.

Who's all going to have a car in the show? I'm hoping to enter two cars this year one in judged and one in non judged, if there is enough of us I can make some calls to see if we can get a club area for everyone to park in.

Blownfish, That would be nice to park as a club.

Guys and gals. Just made the reservations at Super 8 in Fairview Heights. $66 a night. He said he was filling up fast but there are a lot of other places in that location. It at exit #12 off of 64. Hope to see ya there. Shouldn't be a problem Jeff.
Small Block

Im ready for the racing. I havent had my car to the track all year. got a few things with the transmission to work out. But im looking to dip into the higher 10's

Ill be there and edwardsville has a good hotels that are about 20 min from the track good prices too hope to see you there

Where have i been? We stay in Fairview Hieghts. It's on 64 out of St Louis. If your coming in to St Louis on 44 just hang right after crossingthe bridge and head kinda south east on 64. Not sure the exit number for Fairview Hieghts but it's easy to find. Lots of eat places on the left and several motels there also with many places to eat in walking distance. We have lots of fun even after we get back to camp. Mike, Tell em about the survey we took last year for our "Cooking Magazine". Who cares if you have a 30 min wait to eat. People are thinkin we have WAY too much fun ....and we do.

True story,As we walk in and sit at the bar Bill looks at me and said just go with it 8) so I did and we hit three restaurants that evening and sat at the bar and Bill would talk to the waiter/waitress "I would to''and ask if they mind if we look at a menu But we won't be ordering tonight :happy10: Bill and I would talk like we had to do a right up in the magazine we worked for and tell them there place looked really nice and we would like to try there Margaritta's "how ever you spell it" I seen one of the managers come out and wait on us and Bill took note's and what kind of Tequila they use, to when there shift changes, O YEA :cheers: We had a great time and some of the best service. Then we would walk across the parking lot and hit the next one =P~ and so on What a great couple night we had :cheers:
I will give you a call today on the motel 8)

Monster MoPar 09 trip bad 015.jpg

Olive Garden, Joes Crab Shack, Red Lobster and the names go on and on. Come join us and we'll do another survey on.........BLOODY MARYS...this time. Maybe i'll have some cards made up showing we're from......Hoser Magazine.......Sounds like a winner to me. Mike i'll get some made up and you can be the "Press Representative".....I'll be the "Hoser In Charge". Gotta have a good time.

Small Block

I can here the hilbilly music now...

You folks will know me instantly since I'm sporting a bright orange cast on my right leg. Hopefully I'll be in a walking boot by then.

Not again Jeff!! You were in a cast last year too weren't you? That has to suck.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

Collinsville is a real nice place to stay and just a few minutes from the track. I'm lucky enough to only live 40 minutes from the track.

Fishy is only 40 minutes from the track. Lets all go stay with fishy that way we can spend more on parts. That's a damn good idea. What's for dinner fishy? I'm more interested in when the tech seminar on the trannys starts. We'll need directions fishy. See ya there.
Small Block

Fishy is only 40 minutes from the track. Lets all go stay with fishy that way we can spend more on parts. That's a damn good idea. What's for dinner fishy? I'm more interested in when the tech seminar on the trannys starts. We'll need directions fishy. See ya there.
Small Block

LOL... Yeah there you go Small Block. For dinner you say? What else... Fish

Now there's a buddy. Even gona pitch in for Fishcakes at lunch. I knew there was something i liked about you fishy.
Small Block

21 day's and 11 hour's

I can't wait:cheers:

Small Block

How many spare rooms do you have?? How much extra parking??? Fishy you are awesome. lol

I,m thinking of flying in and getting a room. Airports close to downtown if i remember right. how far from the arch is the track?

I,m thinking of flying in and getting a room. Airports close to downtown if i remember right. how far from the arch is the track?

Actually the Airport is about 15 miles west of St.Louis but you can take Metro Link to get you down town or I think the Emerson park stop gets you to or close to the track. I'm sure someone on here can meet you and take you to the track.

I'll be going though towing the car but if the timing is right and I have the room I can give you a lift to the track.

There's also a Metro Link stop in Fairview Heights if you were staying near Smallblock in Fairview Heights.

Here's the Metro Link station link.

http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/stationlist.asp

That would be awesome DD. Sounds like fishy knows the turf. That Metro Link thing may work for us. Look back in the thread and i think the motel info is there. If you make it to Fairview Hieghts you will need no transportation. Like Fishy said. If timing works, someone could pick you up somewhere. YOU WILL NOT BE STRANDED. We got plenty of rigs. You can ride with us all weekend. I picked up two pit bikes yesterday at the Springfield swap meet. St Louis is big so one can waste a lot of time walking. Done with that crap. Keep us posted DD. Here to help.
Small Block

That would be so cool Pete :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

My pickup has 4 doors if someone needs a lift.

-
Back