Moog K704 Dust Boot

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the dust boot on the moog K704 upper ball joint? I can't find anything online besides aftermarket, ones, but not sure on which. I emailed moog, but waiting on a response.

Thanks.

Has anyone replaced the dust boot on the moog K704 upper ball joint? I can't find anything online besides aftermarket, ones, but not sure on which. I emailed moog, but waiting on a response.

Thanks.
good luck with that. I tore a boot, which I couldn't, for the life of me, get to snap on the ball joint. After emaiIing them, I finally heard back from them, they, essentially, told me to pound sand. I had to buy another joint, and just let it lay in place, could still not get it to snap on.

I called Moog and they told me the same thing. Boots are only available with ball joints. Not sold separately.

I ended up buying a set of old stock upper ball joints on eBay just for the dust boots....

I have had some luck with Energy Suspension dust boots on tierod ends and pitman arms.

I called Moog and they told me the same thing. Boots are only available with ball joints. Not sold separately.

I ended up buying a set of old stock upper ball joints on eBay just for the dust boots....

I have had some luck with Energy Suspension dust boots on tierod ends and pitman arms.
yeah, I sent them a scorcher email back. they are not going out of their way for customer service, that's for damn sure. Maybe a scorching twitter post might jar those guys, you never know. Moog used to be a reliable parts supplier, but I think they are just middlemen for off-shore junk, now.

We'll dang. Is the dust boot really that critical? I mean this isn't a daily driver. Mine has a small tear in it.

We'll dang. Is the dust boot really that critical? I mean this isn't a daily driver. Mine has a small tear in it.
I dunno. Do you think McMaster-Carr might have them? You'd need to know the stud diameter, and the ball joint lip diameter, because they wouldn't have it by app, but maybe by specifications. It would be a long shot.

Yea they are pretty critical because without it moisture and dirt will get in the joint and cause premature wear and failure. Depending on where the tear is I'd get it put on and fill it full of grease and super glue it shut. Just another reason I hate moog thats bs they cant send you a freaking extra boot.

I once RTV'd a baby bottle nipple to a torn one years ago.

-
Back