Mopar 4 barrel kickdown rod

-

mkingan

Reaction score
anyone have one of these or know where i can get one?

kickdown.JPG

To fit what, sb,bb, 727or904
I might have one I'll need to see a pic of the complete rod

i dont have the slotted end i have the rod that is strait with ball snap at end.

I agree. That is not right. What kind of abortion is that?? No offense.
Again no offense here, but this seems to be an ongoing saga for some reason?
Am I seeing this right on my phone? The kickdown rod should move towards the firewall when you step on the gas. Yours is going the wrong direction.

ok first it does rotate back, that's the way it was designed , second i did not rig this the way it is i am trying to correct it

img293.jpg

this what i was told from another :
es.
I've got some more information for you. I went to a show last weekend and looked at all the kickdown linkages that I could, and then posted an inquiry on FABO. All the linkages from the mid 60s (not sure exact year) and later have the piece with the slot where it all connects to the carb stud,

To me that setup looks like a "seesaw"? If you hit the throttle (cable) it pulls back and the clip on ball stud would pivot forward? Or are my eyes failing?

this what i was told from another :
es.
I've got some more information for you. I went to a show last weekend and looked at all the kickdown linkages that I could, and then posted an inquiry on FABO. All the linkages from the mid 60s (not sure exact year) and later have the piece with the slot where it all connects to the carb stud,
The way it is hooked up now is opposite of how it should work.
anyone have one of these or know where i can get one?

View attachment 1715990945
You need everything you pictured in your first post. Not just the slotted linkage. See the pin and adapter that bolts to the carb linkage that the throttle cable is attached to. Do yourself a favor and read through this thread. There are a lot of photos, information and part numbers of what you need. 2-Barrel to 4-Barrel Conversion

What kind of carb do you have? That air cleaner...is it the triangular one with foam air cleaner? It's a fire trap, be careful. That stud you pictured I believe is for factory Carter carb or Eddy.

The OP's current set up is for an early 60s kickdown but it is attached to the carb on the wrong side of the throttle shaft (below not above). If it were an edelbrock or a Holley carb there is a Chrysler adapter that puts the carb stud in the right orientation and spacing, using a factory early 1960s throttle cable stud with a ball stud instead of the slotted adjustable end. I have no idea if there is a throttle adapter for a Demon carb. But a call to Demon should answer that. The slotted piece was introduced after there were some issues with the kickdown linkage getting hung up and then holding the throttle open (YIKES). IMHO the ball stud set up is a lot like a one pot master cylinder - if you want to drive the car much, then you should update to the safer designs (2 pot master cylinders and slotted kickdown linkages).

OP - I thought that you already bought some parts to straighten this out. Show us the pieces that you have - just the pieces you have laid out separately, not the mess that is currently in place, and we can tell you what is missing.

ok sorry this is what i got so far:

Demon Carburetion 124007DEM Carburetor Throttle & Cruise Stud
Mopar Throttle Cable Bracket 1968-70 340 360 4-barrel NEW 0060

Holley Throttle Lever Extension​

s-l500.jpg

crbstud.jpg

hly-20-7_xl.jpg

so does anyone have a setup to fix this

Read this article and see if it helps...

-
Back