Mopar action green brick formula

-
Actually it started being built like 3+ decades ago.I seen it racing on central ave in Yonkers NY in the 1980s .
License plates were “NUKE GM”.
There was an Unofficial police slowdown due to contract negotiations and for a short time street racing was out of control

Dang I didn't know it was that old! Fantastic license plate btw I need to get that for my Duster.

Yes, I'm bumping this old thread.

Reading some of the early Green Brick stuff, it has an interesting story...

E-berg bought it stock, a NJ Bell car. (I think the green is the original NJ Bell color.)
It was then a street racer, with basically Dart/Duster mechanicals (340/833/4-piston brakes/C-body shocks).
When E-berg decided to make it a One Lapper, it got redone: the autocross suspension, fast-ratio manual steering, 15x8 Super Coupe wheels, late A-body discs, and originally, a Commando crate 360.
It was tweaked a bunch as they learned from it, and they made incremental improvements every year, mostly regarding durability (Accusump), comfort (de-rattling the car, better seats), handling (kicker shocks, Viper swaybar links, B-body calipers/rotors), and weight reduction (Weld wheels, removing the stereo, fiberglass panels and bumpers). (They also got better at running it.)

For 1995, it got the first Barton motor, 604B1's stroker (I'm pretty sure an actual 1969-cast 340 block). Later (I'm not sure when), it got the current R-block bullet.

I think a member here has the paxton supercharger set up off it, that was run on one engine configuration.

So where is the car today? Has that been answered?

That doesn't list half of it.

There was lots of nitrous, plenty of weight saving and relocation strategies, two right side ss leaf springs (iirc), efi, transmission upgrades and as mentioned, a crop of better than average drivers.

I believe an aluminum 8 3/4 chunk and torsen diff was part of later build as well.

Rick has said more than once that the secret of the car's success was how light it was.
Still have that issue.

I think a member here has the paxton supercharger set up off it, that was run on one engine configuration.

I think maybe you are confusing the light green Valiant from Redline Gauges with the Green Brick.

Shannon had an SC on his car at one time and sold it to someone here, but Ehrenburg’s car has always been NA as far as I know.

Below link IS NOT the Green Brick:

Corner-Carving Plymouth Valiant

The brick had a good formula in terms of stiffening all mounting points of stressed chassis parts. These days we can take it further with stiffening the rad support and under hood bracing, similar to what we did at XV in 2006.
Beyond that, we have better steering now, lower control bushings, rubber, brakes. This was a light car with zero options. If you are like me and like more creature comforts, things get a bit more complex. The theme of the parts and combinations I sell come from the same philosophy. Simple and durable. I've raced and used all the parts I sell, along with owning an A body for 35 years now. I been in Car Craft Real Street Eliminator, Run to the Shore, Optima Batteries, Power Tour and numerous open track and autocross evens to test and prove my wares. We are fortunate to live in these times.

Dart 2020 1.jpg

-
Back