Mopar Alley 2022 Cupertino

-

Cuda Al

Reaction score
I can't find any information on the show. Does anybody know if it is happening and when?

Alan

Found this flyer on FB.
Meeting already happened.
Looks like show date is June 12, 2022

Last edited:
June 12, 2022
Mopar Alley 2022.jpg

They have promoted the show with the enthusiasm of a club that doesn't seem to care if anyone shows up.

Last edited:
It's tomorrow... anyone planning on going? It's a 250 mile cruise each way for me.

Not this year! Almost finished installing the American Autowire harness in my Duster after my original harness went "poof" last year.

I've been a few times in the past, both with my Challenger and to sell stuff. Usually a decent show, but yeah, normally see a bit more advertising on it. I even follow the web page, not a lot lead up this year.

Well the show is tomorrow so pictures today won't show much.....
I'll be in Texas so y'all have fun....

Well the show is tomorrow so pictures today won't show much.....
I'll be in Texas so y'all have fun....
This is the only club I've seen that holds a ONE day show on a Sunday. This is probably because since I first heard of the club in the early 2000s, they held their shows on a college campus where Saturdays sometimes had class in session.
I made the mistake of driving to their show in Fremont one year...Ohlone college. I went on a Saturday and was the first one there at 10:00 AM. I called the wife....back then there was no internet access through the phone. She looked up the show date and laughed...Yeah, it was scheduled for SUNDAY. I drove 2 1/2 hours for nothing.

1 angry.jpg

This is the only club I've seen that holds a ONE day show on a Sunday. This is probably because since I first heard of the club in the early 2000s, they held their shows on a college campus where Saturdays sometimes had class in session.
I made the mistake of driving to their show in Fremont one year...Ohlone college. I went on a Saturday and was the first one there at 10:00 AM. I called the wife....back then there was no internet access through the phone. She looked up the show date and laughed...Yeah, it was scheduled for SUNDAY. I drove 2 1/2 hours for nothing.

View attachment 1715940833

Coulda been worse.... Back in the 90's a good friend told me about a Mopar show down in Simi Valley, we drove down to check. it out, wrong weekend...

We drove down for the Winternationals only to have them rained out so many times we started referring to them as the Propeller Nationals... We'd always make the most of it, hit Venice Beach, Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm... Anything to justify having driven that far...

Well I got some bad BBQ at the blues fest. downtown yesterday so no show for me today. Hope yall having a great time.

As I expected, the show was smaller than usual.
I don't know exactly what to blame though. Car clubs rely on volunteers and without them, nothing gets done. Volunteers are UNpaid so when they are lazy or worthless, you can't chastise or scold them because they will just refuse to help. I've seen this play out many times in other situations. "Joe Blow" is late, makes mistakes, loses files, is slow and lazy but without someone else to replace him, you are stuck.
I suspect that this is the case with this club. I'm sure that they have some dedicated members that try their best but how hard would it have been to post on the car forums a few times a week to promote some interest?
I didn't get a count but it looked to me like there was about 2/3 the amount of cars they usually have. The parking lot for spectators was maybe 2/3 full. The swap was about the same as before. After 2 years of NO shows, they really should have had a better turnout and they could have if they promoted the show.

It’s a first show back in 2 years.

Gotta get back on track. Might take more than one show.

The pandemic really screwed up volunteer organizations, clubs, groups, etc.

I saw pics of a 71 Duster running and 69 Barracuda V-8 coupe running/driving for sale there. Opportunities for good Mopar projects.

As I expected, the show was smaller than usual.
I don't know exactly what to blame though. Car clubs rely on volunteers and without them, nothing gets done. Volunteers are UNpaid so when they are lazy or worthless, you can't chastise or scold them because they will just refuse to help. I've seen this play out many times in other situations. "Joe Blow" is late, makes mistakes, loses files, is slow and lazy but without someone else to replace him, you are stuck.
I suspect that this is the case with this club. I'm sure that they have some dedicated members that try their best but how hard would it have been to post on the car forums a few times a week to promote some interest?
I didn't get a count but it looked to me like there was about 2/3 the amount of cars they usually have. The parking lot for spectators was maybe 2/3 full. The swap was about the same as before. After 2 years of NO shows, they really should have had a better turnout and they could have if they promoted the show.

I talked with a couple of club members before I left. They lost a lot of the veteran members over the last couple of years. They way they said it, I think they meant that the are no longer with us, not that they aren’t in the club anymore. I didn’t push the issue.

So they are floundering a bit. I’ll cut them some slack for this show.

Our club in Sacramento relies on volunteers. We have had some great members that really carry the weight for the whole club. By that, I mean 10-12 people that do all the work while the remaining 60 members just stand around looking stupid or indifferent.
My outlook on the people around me has changed since 2020 and Covid. I used to be an optimist but after seeing seemingly smart people lose their minds through irrational fear, seemingly normal people make dumb *** health decisions and hard working people willing to sit at home instead of working, I have regrettably changed my opinion.
To me, car shows are an escape from the boredom or burdens of daily life.
It is sad and disappointing to see something that you love decay and fade away as you stand by watching.

We got there early and set up parts for sale and did better than expected, weather was perfect! No complaints here......

Good to hear it was worth the trip for some.

I really enjoy the wheel time so the trip out is usually 1/2 the fun of a show for me.

Here’s pics I found posted on Facebook and Instagram of some of the A-bodies at the Mopar Alley show for sale.

57AB92CE-CBDA-4343-B081-E77EB4B7F9B7.jpeg

FDBC8C15-1D5F-451F-A59E-889A1AF26D65.jpeg

85D1FFFD-245B-4B4F-ABF5-E35757F6873C.jpeg

I had a pretty good time. It was smaller than usual… I think they coulda started the BBQ a couple hours earlier…LOL…
But hot damn, although it was a good drive in my PowerWagon, it cost a hundred bucks in fuel each way! LOL.

Well, we got there Saturday afternoon, car loaded with parts for the swap. AND THEN...Woke up Sunday morning with a high fever (not sure what, but I was having trouble on my feet) Decided to go back to bed. Fever broke so we decided to head home around 9am. Got home, took a home Covid test...positive (have not had it before and have not been vaxxed - decision made with my doctor's approval). I picked the Covid up at the ER Friday morning where I went with a bad gallbladder attack. Back at ER early yesterday (about 1am). Still tested positive, but they went ahead with emergency gallbladder surgery. Got home around 4pm yesterday. I feel MUCH better. Covid has been very mild, but complicated the surgery. They used the OR as my recovery room as well. Now my wife has Covid. Too much time in close proximity on Sunday as we isolated when we got home.

Is this one legit? Is it a show, or just a picnic? Just bout a 68’ Road Runner on Sunday and would like to look at a few to get some ideas on my restoration.

90BCE27A-B6CB-4DC3-A71E-5E4897A06119.png

-
Back