Mopar Alley's 27th annual Car Rally June 11th De Anza College, Cupertino CA

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I am glad to say that the Mopar Alley 27th annual Mopar Rally will be taking place

Sunday, June 11th at De Anza College 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino
Gates Open at 7:30 am
Day of Registration Ends 10:15am

For pre-registration call 408-356-4752 or 408-218-3831 or 408-981-3326

$25 pre-reg per car or $30 day off

Mopar Alley 27th annual flyer.JPG

Shouldn't be on crutches this year like I was last year...

Probably in the swap, but there is an outside chance the Barracuda will be road worthy...

should be a good show. Will have a small swap spot this year, just fun stuff.

Hopefully I see some of you guys there, I'll be there with the scamp, I'll be bringing water bottles if anyone needs some, just ask.

I'll be there looking to see if there are any interesting cars for sale.

I'm registered and ready. Entered the 'vert in Slant Six this year.

Event was pretty fun, a lot more A-bodies than I expected, got to meet a lot of cool people here. Will definitely be going again next year.
20170611_122720_zpsik2hqgrw.jpg

That intake system on the /6 Barracuda was really wild. Wow.

I was also amazed at the number of convertible Barracudas, mostly second generation.

Finally, I was disappointed in the amount of used parts for sale. This isn't anybody's fault, but there was very little to choose from. Fewer vendors and fewer parts than previous years.

The swap was down significantly, probably due to multiple factors. I didn't sell much and have been debating on whether I will continue to swap or not. Hopefully I'll get my Barracuda done this year, but it would have been a lot easier to show up just to spectate.

It small. But lot of cool cars except 68 hemi roadrunner got me a attention.

Looks like I'm going to have to add this back in the rotation. I haven't been since Mopar Alley abandoned Ohlone College. Taking pics under solar panels is meh but I like seeing all the Mopes in one location. I'm not seeing many Early A-bodies though. Guess I gotta represent.

"Looks like I'm going to have to add this back in the rotation. I haven't been since Mopar Alley abandoned Ohlone College. Taking pics under solar panels is meh but I like seeing all the Mopes in one location. I'm not seeing many Early A-bodies though. Guess I gotta represent."

FYI, Ohlone college was the one to abandon Mopar Alley. They built a packing garage and converted to a non-showable location, thus why we had to move. Plus, they were very difficult to work with. They charged more money every year and never cleaned up the show area like they paid to do, plus they had
soo many adds exspence S and sceduling even the simplest thing was a pain. The low swap turnout was due to low advertising. The server the web provider/editor used was hacked and not viewable. The only info we had out was our Facebook page. Next year this will be fixed and should show a much better swap meet and show field.

Yes, I tried to find info on the show online a few months back it and it wasn't available. I actually got my registration form dropped into my car at a different show.

I did notice the low turnout of early As. It would be nice to see more next year -- we know they're around.

The swap was down significantly, probably due to multiple factors. I didn't sell much and have been debating on whether I will continue to swap or not. Hopefully I'll get my Barracuda done this year, but it would have been a lot easier to show up just to spectate.

Hey Jim,

The shrinking swap meet scene (as we all know and I'm not saying anything we all do not already know) is due to the ability to sell online. We have been swapping for decades and I'm sure you will agree some of our favorite swap meets either no longer exist or are just shadows of their former selves. It's sad because they were fun events to participate in.

Although I still have a ton of parts, I gave up going to swaps to sell except for that once in a blue moon when a couple of my old Mopar buddies talk me into it. At that point, it's not so much about selling the parts as it is seeing and hanging out with old friends. We got together at Sacramento Raceway not too long ago for the Mopar Magic event. We all backed right up to the cyclone fencing which separated us from the track and BBQ'd all day and sat in our chairs watching Mopars charge down the strip and ... we actually ended up selling a chunk of parts. That was a good day. Unfortunately, it appears that Sacramento Raceway will be closing in approx 3 years. Long sad story. Reminds me of what happened to Fremont/Baylands Raceway. Cheers.

Yeah, that has contributed to the decline, but I still prefer swap meets for finding and selling parts.

Yeah, that has contributed to the decline, but I still prefer swap meets for finding and selling parts.

Agreed but theses days (as stated above), I will only go to look for parts at the swaps. That is, if I can remember when they are/were. I just now realized I completely forgot about the Capital City show last month in Rancho and I only live 20 minutes away. Oh well ... I guess there's always next year. ;)

"Looks like I'm going to have to add this back in the rotation. I haven't been since Mopar Alley abandoned Ohlone College. Taking pics under solar panels is meh but I like seeing all the Mopes in one location. I'm not seeing many Early A-bodies though. Guess I gotta represent."

FYI, Ohlone college was the one to abandon Mopar Alley. They built a packing garage and converted to a non-showable location, thus why we had to move. Plus, they were very difficult to work with. They charged more money every year and never cleaned up the show area like they paid to do, plus they had
soo many adds exspence S and sceduling even the simplest thing was a pain. The low swap turnout was due to low advertising. The server the web provider/editor used was hacked and not viewable. The only info we had out was our Facebook page. Next year this will be fixed and should show a much better swap meet and show field.
Any idea of the 2018 date & location?

same location, but date is not confirmed. Since the web server was hacked and trashed, you would have to check ou he clubs facebook page to get more info.

same location, but date is not confirmed. Since the web server was hacked and trashed, you would have to check ou he clubs facebook page to get more info.
Thanks. Just working on my Mopar Events 2018 list & was hoping to have a more complete list by next weekend & the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona. I know it is still too early for a lot of shows.

-
Back