Mopar Battery "Look" on the Cheap

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never liked colored batteries in my engine bay. I painted my last Red Optima battery black since the red looked out of place.

This most recent battery was already black, so I just peeled off the stickers....

IMG_0456 (Medium).JPG

Then I found one of these Mopar Battery Toppers

Legendary Battery Toppers : Reproduction Battery

2017-07-09 004 (Medium).JPG

2017-07-09 005 (Medium).JPG

The topper measures 7" X 10 1/2" and is well made IMO. Not cheap or cheezy at all :poke::D

2017-07-09 007 (Medium).JPG

2017-07-09 009 (Medium).JPG

A minor (IMO) modification was needed on the battery hold-down as it was just a bit too narrow to fit the topper. Ended up cutting off the vertical side of 1 end of the hold-down nearest the inner fender. Not noticeable when installed...

2017-07-09 011 (Medium).JPG

Here's the finished product. Hope you agree it adds a Mopar touch to the engine bay for a fraction of the cost of the reproduction batteries. In addition, when the battery wears out, you can move the topper on to the next battery.

2017-07-09 013 (Medium).JPG

2017-07-09 014 (Medium).JPG

2017-07-09 017 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Very nice C! I cant stand the look of my new battery. Its black but a topper would be great.
I priced out the repop battery lol. I think it was $600 up here.
Topper is much cheaper but still $100 by the time I get it. Damned Canadian Peso!
Thanks for posting and yer feedback on it.

@4spdragtop

Good to hear there's somebody else who doesn't like how their batteries look. I thought it was just ME...:D

Too bad about the $$ exchange rate up North. Maybe ask Santa to bring you one!!

I've seen a few of these at local car shows recently. It's really difficult to tell the difference between the topper and a reproduction Mopar battery...

Don't know how I missed this. Musta been lookin with the wrong eye. That's cool!

Yup, I have been using these battery caps for 10 years or so now, Excellent!
Come with different color caps as well...a bit expensive for a chunk of plastic, but gives that old school battery look :)

Very nice C! I cant stand the look of my new battery. Its black but a topper would be great.
Topper is much cheaper but still $100 by the time I get it. Damned Canadian Peso!
just put it in the trunk ! and fugedaboutit !

Hey, how much are they? I didn't see the price anywhere. There it is. I found it on their site. $59.95 + $7.75 ship
I've never liked colored batteries in my engine bay. I painted my last battery which was a Red Optima black since the red looked out of place.

This most recent battery was already black, so I just peeled off the stickers....

View attachment 1715065547

Then I found one of these Mopar Battery Toppers

Legendary Battery Toppers : Reproduction Battery

View attachment 1715065549

View attachment 1715065550

The topper measures 7" X 10 1/2" and is well made IMO. Not cheap or cheezy at all :poke::D

View attachment 1715065551

View attachment 1715065552

A minor (IMO) modification was needed on the battery hold-down as it was just a bit too narrow to fit the topper. Ended up cutting off the vertical side of 1 end of the hold-down nearest the inner fender. Not noticeable when installed...

View attachment 1715065553

Here's the finished product. Hope you agree it adds a Mopar touch to the engine bay for a fraction of the cost of the reproduction batteries. In addition, when the battery wears out, you can move the topper on to the next battery.

View attachment 1715065564

View attachment 1715065565

View attachment 1715065566

I'll bet you've spent more on less... :rolleyes:

Hey, how much are they? I didn't see the price anywhere. There it is. I found it on their site. $59.95 + $7.75 ship
ya need to read the WHOLE page Mike... :poke:
Battery Topper:
$59.95 plus $7.75 shipping and handling. Orders shipped out within 24 hours via Priority USPS (United States Postal Service), with confirmation notice.
Terminal Post Extenders:
$29.95 per pair with $7.75 Priority USPS Shipping.

Terminal Post Extenders:
$29.95 per pair with $7.75 Priority USPS Shipping.

Many of the newer style batteries have recessed areas where the terminals are located. If you purchase a flat top battery like the one I picture in Post #1, you don't need the extenders...:)

I know old post but I just installed an old style battery topper on my duster. Neat but had to cut some of the plastic off on one side (can’t be seen in pic) fits really good and can’t tell at a glance.
Sucks that they still don’t make a bigger bracket for these. The seller on year one over the phone literally told me to either cut the plastic or have a new bracket welded
Oh well I made it work

5B7FEBCF-FAD1-4F36-ADB2-B32936ABBBFD.jpeg

77E82F9B-6969-4573-B918-BACC84980746.jpeg

-
Back