Mopar bolt Identification assistance needed

-

1967BarracudaGeorge

Reaction score
While in the process of degreasing and cataloging my assorted 440 engine bolts, I've noticed different head markings.
I found a chart on B bodies only that has some information, but it doesn't go into detail. I'm interested in the years the particular markings are associated with.
In my case I'll be using a '77 440 block with '67 915 heads in a '67 Barracuda. I know it's a mismatch of parts, but I plan on building the car to look like it came that way from the factory with period correct mods.
I've got a full set of main bolts with the "H" style mark, another set with "TR". For the long head bolts I have 9 with the "H" and 8 with the grade marks. That's all I have cleaned so far. If I don't have a full set of the same external engine bolts, I'll post what I need and see if I can either buy or trade for the ones I need.
Thanks for looking.

006.jpg

There is a book, with all that detail.... it ain't cheap, and I don't have it (cuz I am cheap I guess lol ).

Someone will chime in with the name of it I'm sure.

There is a book, with all that detail.... it ain't cheap, and I don't have it (cuz I am cheap I guess lol ).

Someone will chime in with the name of it I'm sure.
Thanks. I found one book that was $303. I wouldn't pay that much for any book.

Last edited:
LOL......You'd be surprised how much you'd overpay for something once you get the "numbers matching" bug. Ask me how I know:BangHead:

Some people pay a doc a lot of $$$$$$$ to cure them from that "numbers matching bug"! I hear Phyzer will have a vaccine this fall for such disease!!
OK so the puter can't spell Phyzer!!!:BangHead::wtf::thankyou:

There is some info on-line. You may have to dig through moparts and moparts forum but I've seen at least some discussions over there.
and MMC and a maybe a couple other places have some info posted
MMC Detroit

MMC Detroit Moparr Motors Sales

This is the page I've been looking for. The next question is do the places who offer bolt kits have bolts with the correct original markings? I'm not talking about the grade marks, but the different letters etc..
I've got my main cap bolts and long head bolts cleaned. I'll put the short head bolts and the 1" bolts with the built-in washer in the tumbler.
I'll still have to buy bolts for different applications and would prefer to have them as original to factory specs as possible.

I like the description of the AMK fasteners and the fact that they are made with the majority of American steel.
I'll call, or email them to ask about my concerns. It's either them, or get more old bolts and clean them up.

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.

Last edited:
MMC Detroit Moparr Motors Sales

This is the page I've been looking for. The next question is do the places who offer bolt kits have bolts with the correct original markings? I'm not talking about the grade marks, but the different letters etc..
I've got my main cap bolts and long head bolts cleaned. I'll put the short head bolts and the 1" bolts with the built-in washer in the tumbler.
I'll still have to buy bolts for different applications and would prefer to have them as original to factory specs as possible.

I like the description of the AMK fasteners and the fact that they are made with the majority of American steel.
I'll call, or email them to ask about my concerns. It's either them, or get more old bolts and clean them up.

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.

AMK is about the best you can do.

Best place to find a supply of correct bolts is from the old guy that is selling out and that has parted out lots of cars over the ages. Buy all his buckets of bolts!

Pretty sure the letters 'TR', 'H' etc are manufacturer markings, the brand name.
The three dots or slashes are grade 5, if the bolt has six it is grade 8.

Pretty sure the letters 'TR', 'H' etc are manufacturer markings, the brand name.
The three dots or slashes are grade 5, if the bolt has six it is grade 8.

Correct:
"H" means the bolt was manufactured by the Highland Bolt Company
"TR" means the bolt was manufactured by the Town Robinson Fasteners Co.
Bolts from these companies were used across several years.

I have the MMC book on B Body fasteners 1969-1970 if you need something specific for those years. AMK sometimes included the Chrysler part number, which can help getting replacements.
Jim

Correct:
"H" means the bolt was manufactured by the Highland Bolt Company
"TR" means the bolt was manufactured by the Town Robinson Fasteners Co.
Bolts from these companies were used across several years.

I have the MMC book on B Body fasteners 1969-1970 if you need something specific for those years. AMK sometimes included the Chrysler part number, which can help getting replacements.
Jim

Thanks alot! That's very helpful information.

-
Back