Mopar Colors Aerosol

-
you can also find auto part stores that can mix the paint and put them in aerosol cans for you just make sure that you cover every area of the model in primer 1st cause the paint might be alittle hot for bare plastic

Matt,
Try www.testors.com They have a whole line of "Auto" colors, both in spray cans AND brush "bottle" paints....

Sadly, the only Mopar color I want and need right now is the Mopar Engine Turquoise....I have yet to find it too! I don't want it in a spray can, I want it to brush paint the motors of my models as Testors offer the Mopar Engine blue, and Mopar Engine Red....

Matt,
Try www.testors.com They have a whole line of "Auto" colors, both in spray cans AND brush "bottle" paints....

Sadly, the only Mopar color I want and need right now is the Mopar Engine Turquoise....I have yet to find it too! I don't want it in a spray can, I want it to brush paint the motors of my models as Testors offer the Mopar Engine blue, and Mopar Engine Red....

I know this is in rattle can, but you may find it in brush form. Detroit diesel blue, is a dead ringer for mopar turqoise. When i redid a 69 dart a number of years ago, i couldent find mopar turquoise, but found detroit diesel blue. Looked great.

I know this is in rattle can, but you may find it in brush form. Detroit diesel blue, is a dead ringer for mopar turqoise. When i redid a 69 dart a number of years ago, i couldent find mopar turquoise, but found detroit diesel blue. Looked great.

This is GREAT to know, but the problem is I bet the only way to get Detroit Diesel Blue in a quart. I won't use nearly 2 ounces from that quart in my life time LOL

Got "any" left over? I'd buy 2 ounces from you, and pay you to ship it to me! LOL I'd even send you a glass paint jar to put it in if you don't have it!!!!!!

Yeah...................................I'm hard up! LOL

We have a hobby store here that has a lot of various Mopar colors in rattle cans, and small bottles for air brushes. Check your local hobby store, or if you would like I may be able to make a run there this weekend and look for any particular colors your after. Let me know by PM if you want me to.

I want to say that rattle cans are around $5 and the small bottles of paint are around $3.50. Of course you reduce down the bottles of paint.

This is GREAT to know, but the problem is I bet the only way to get Detroit Diesel Blue in a quart. I won't use nearly 2 ounces from that quart in my life time LOL

Got "any" left over? I'd buy 2 ounces from you, and pay you to ship it to me! LOL I'd even send you a glass paint jar to put it in if you don't have it!!!!!!

Yeah...................................I'm hard up! LOL

theres guys who build scale truck models. i bet testors has this color. mine is a rattle can of detroit diesel blue.

Sadly, I'm almost afraid to admit this, I've got the Testors catalog! They offer all sorts of High Impact colors, AND Chrysler Engine Blue and Chrysler Engine Red, in small 1/2 ounce brush bottles, get this, they also offer Hemi Orange!!!! BUT, only in a 3ounce spray can! NOT in a brush bottle! Figure that one out? Sure it looks GREAT on car bodies, but for the motors too? I don't get it!

I've went through this catalog with a fine tooth comb, and I have not found Detroit engine Blue, NOR Chrysler Engine Turquoise, OR any color even close to that Chrysler engine turquoise!!!!!

I also found a few miss-labels too! Go-Mango, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a Dodge color under the Mopar family? ITS under either Ford or Chevy in this catalog from Testors! I don't have the catalog in front of me right now....

Anyway, this is why I'm searching this color out. Its not made by Testors in the hobby world, only the blue and red are along with the Hemi Orange I just don't know why they wouldn't offer it in a bottle too for brush painting ALL those 426 Hemi's we know is made for all those Hemi mopar models sold.....And sadly I don't have no other options locally for other types of paint but Micheals "craft" paint, and I will NOT use that on my models...

-
Back