MOPAR DOOR HINGE RESTORATION SERVICE

-
Trick or Treat !!! Be careful this Halloween. Get those door hinges done before you set your gaps or do ant panelwork. Member discounts, quick turn around.
Thanks
Leo

Most places still locked down. Get to work on those projects. Quick turn around and member discounts. Thanks for all past and future business.
Leo moparleo@hotmail.com

Attachments

• NEW-MEMBER-PRICE-2020 (1).pdf
    230.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
FOR SALE - MOPAR DOOR HINGE RESTORATION SERVICE

A few pictures of some recently rebuilt. ALL new parts. No "rebuilt pins, springs etc... can't believe people actually admitted that. Rebuild a worn torsion spring ??? Was reading some older posts of people "rebuilding hinges here , I won't mention names but... Compare an actual rebuild to just a few parts and some heavy paint. Quality is obvious. Only the best for my customers/friends.
Stay Safe, get your cars done and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with your families. They are what count the most.

Thanks to everyone for their support and business. Will keep the same prices thru the Holidays.
Mopar or No Car !

20200627_200828.jpg

20200627_200922.jpg

20200627_201122 1.jpg

2020 05 06_192912.jpg

2020 05 06_192922.jpg

2020 05 06_192959.jpg

HINGE REBUILD PARTS.jpg

20200721_111807~2.jpg

Happy Holiday's !! 2021 is almost here. Thank you for your business last year and Please keep your families safe.
MoparLeo's Parts

Hello, I have a quick question on what goes in these square holes, the top hole there has a bit of foam rubber it looks like. Is there a bushing or anything that goes into these square holes?

Upper hinge square hole.jpg

I'm not sure if it is a fitted piece of foam in the holes, but they do need to be sealed so water doesn't leak into the car. I usually put a thin layer of seam sealer on the backside of the hinge and then gob those square holes full of plumbers putty before putting the bolts in from the backside.

I look forward to the better answer that Leo will give when he gets time. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if it is a fitted piece of foam in the holes, but they do need to be sealed so water doesn't leak into the car. I usually put a thin layer of seam sealer on the backside of the hinge and then gob those square holes full of plumbers putty before putting the bolts in from the backside.

I look forward to the better answer that Leo will give when he gets time. :thumbsup:
Thank you so much - My son took it apart I wasn't there and have been trying to figure out how they go back together - this all makes sense and Thank you!

Hello, I have a quick question on what goes in these square holes, the top hole there has a bit of foam rubber it looks like. Is there a bushing or anything that goes into these square holes?

View attachment 1716235035
Man am I glad you posted this! It made me realize I forgot to seal mine when I installed and aligned my doors recently. What I do is, once I get the doors aligned where I want them, I take the bolts out and wrap the base of the threads with 3M butyl strip caulk and reinstall (one by one as to not lose the door alignment). Some of it squeezes out, which tells me they're all filled and sealed. Not sure what the factory used though.

Seam sealer, expanding foam. What ever you want. It is just a weather sealer to keep the water out of the kick panel areas. Over the years the factory used different materials, but for the same purpose. Also just prime the area under the hinges, both body and door sides. The hinges should be painted on the car, not before. Too much buildup of paint between the hinge and the car can cause problems with maintaining a tight fit.

Attachments

• HINGE PAINT WARNING LETTER.pdf
    112.7 KB · Views: 11
-
Back