Musclepalooza 07 037.jpg

rebel3.jpg

2e50_3.jpg

Musclepalooza 07 003.jpg

Musclepalooza 07 001.jpg

Musclepalooza 07 065.jpg

I have never seen this one before:

flying%20dutchman%2066dart%20sideview.jpg

sorry i couldn't let this die....Hey can any of you guys use the compute draw in a straight front end under mine so i can see what it will look like...and repost..c-mon I know you can do it...I will try to give you a good pic to use...

r side.jpg

Nice pic.jpg

Left front side.jpg

L front.jpg

left.jpg

R front.jpg

right.jpg

Im hoping to have it terrorizing the streets of t/quote] Nice car. I actually owned this car for a while. I bought it from a guy near Huntington LI and sold it to a guy in Brooklyn. I never did much with it. I was working on a 66 Barracuda at the time. The only thing I did to it was weld in that angle iron and box tubes to the engine bay. That is how I recognized the car. The engine bay was rough cut so I figured it would clean it up a little. The car was hacked. I remember the cage was way too short. What are you going to do for trunk hinges? I was going to put the hinges in the back and have the trunk open reversed. I really like what you are doing to the car. My Barracuda had fenderwell headers and a 3 point bolt in cage for the old school look. I never attempted a straight axle conversion but it looks like you are doing an excellent job.

Im hoping to have it terrorizing the streets of the Bronx by spring.
If you want pictures of early A body gassers and funnycars the you should check out www.vintagedragclub.com There are pictures of the old National Speedway on LI. Check out the Bob Snyder pictures. There are alot of pics of altered wheel base darts and 64/66 Cudas, etc...

The rear wheel well arches are from 63 valiant front fenders that I bought at Carlisle. They had rust along the top of the fenders. I bonded them on using Duramix two part bonding agent with the spiral tip gun. Not my best work, but I was just trying to make the car look a little better so I could sell it. Originally the wheel wells were cut out pretty poorly. I think I only got 1200 for the car and I delivered it to the guy in Brooklyn. Probably around 02/03. I remember the car came with big block headers, 4:10 sure grip rear, and front discs. The guy I got the car from was running it at Westhampton Dragway and then he pulled the motor and trans and put them in a Duster he was building. He had the Duster professionaly built so it came out alot better than the valiant. He had alot of money. He actually lived on the water in Ashroken, on the north shore of Suffolk.

Bill, The name on the car looked familiar. I think that photo was taken at Cedar Falls Raceway (Neita) in Cedar Falls, Iowa the ambulance and the layout in the backround is awfully familiar. I just called an old drag race buddy and he said that Charlie Malyuke drove that car. I looked at your other photos and two of Charlie's
cars are there. They raced at Cedar Falls and at Eddyville, both in Iowa. Fun.............Thanks for the photos. toolman

Toolman,

Yes, that was Charlie's Pro Stock Arrow. It had a 383 that had been converted to Hemi heads. A twin to that car was run by John Hagen and held the NHRA Pro Stock speed record with that 383 Hemi when they changed the engine requirements over to all-run 500cid motors in 1982.

Charlie was my best friend, and I did some magazine articles on his cars. Laverty's speed shop sponsored a couple of his cars. He worked for Gary Ostrich building motors for Chrysler on contract back in the early '70s.

Charlie developed termial lymphoma and died in about 1996. Too bad; he was a master craftsman/fabricator and built everything from Stockers to Pro Mods (built a Pro Mod for Carl Moyer in about 1988...)

I'll attach some photos of a few of the cars that he built and raced; not all Mopars, though...

The Arrow originally had a small block brand X engine for shakedown runs, but soon had a 383 Hemi in it. I have attached a photo of the modified 383/400 block that he re-configured the valley area for pushrod clearance and bosses for the top row of hold-down studs for the hemi heads.

The's also a picture of his scratch-built Volare Pro Stocker with a 383 Hemi that had a 440 crank and a 3-stage N20 system for IHRA Pro Stock. It held the track record at Eddyville.

image01.jpg

image11.jpg

image0-2.jpg

image0-3.jpg

-
Back