Mopar gassers?

-
heres some of my stuff,since you brought oval track/figure eight cars into the mix,and a 20 year old photo of my old dart gt convertable street racer from back in the day,I bought the dart gt from a member here over twenty years ago,there are "chevy blow your doors off decals still in the glovebox last time I visited her"The dart had a 13 to one 340 manual valve body and a 4:30 powerloc,fenderwell headers,tilt front clip,the largest rear tire I ever had under it was a g 60 14,It was capable of 12.50 et's(well it beat cars capable of that) never raced as you see it at a track and was never seen racing with the top in the up position! and no they wouldn't allow me to race the fan participation race at the oval track either :p

fig8car.JPG

charger&figure 8car.JPG

66dartgtconvertable.jpg

This is a really great thread! Thanks for all the pictures and memories. I am also a Richard Petty fan. He is a fine and decent human being. I had the pleasure of visiting at his home and he served me and my friend up a bowl of chili he made himself. Waggin's #27 race car was the epitome of form and function. It looked like something from outerspace and it performed like it too! Thanks to all for the great pictures!
Pat

Just seen in the new Cra Craft I gotten, there looking for current gassers being built/driven etc...
Send in a snap shot Bronx!

1 more. The car with the nose off is the black 66 barracuda gasser called challenger . (or is it considered an early funnycar?) Basic

challenger unknown.jpg

That our racing buddy, Paul Solis! He pounds that car hard. Took the car to a three foot wheelie, and the final round at DragFest a couple month's ago!! I think he's owned the car as long as I'm alive!!

Here's one of my "who knows when" future projects.....if any of ya'll recognize it as a '53 Henry J (Kaiser). I figure, Nash, Willys, Kaiser, American Motors.....it all turned into Mopar! I've got a MP 360 shortblock and a 273 Commando 904 automatic ready to go in to 'er, but it's gonna be a pretty big project.

P1001194.jpg

You must of had to have a big set of b***s to drive one of these cars.

gs.jpg

Check out this car being currently built. I saw it on BigBlockdart.com member name Scott. Very cool.

index.php.jpg

-
Back