mopar hood tachometer wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i found nothing for a mopar, all GM. the closest to ours, same housing i believe, is $400 plus the ride.

Might be the way to go if its new. Could spend that much on a Mopar tach that's used.

I sent a message to http://www.tachman.com/ (H&H Auto) about doing one for me. No reply yet. However if a few of are intetersted we might get his attention and a discount. I will telephone next week. I think it is worth the money to go new or restored. I need a 7000 rmp red line and would like the scrap out the 'Pontiac" for a "Plymouth". Let me know who might be interested.

hunt around on ebay, the dixco tachs do come up now and then... I bought this nos dixco for 100 bucks shipped about 2 years back..
S5001744.jpg

amxwhite028.jpg

I have one from "mfs performance" (mfsperformance.com) labeled as their "Gen-Tach 108", Cost was $225.00 + shipping, from Evansville Indiana. Check the website and read what they say. It does not come with any logo. But its solid state and built much better than the old Dixco Tachs. Comes with the wiring harness and connector, also comes pre-primed in black so it can be painted to match your car or whatever color you choose. When the car is running it is illuminated nicely so you have a lit background at night as well, no wiring into the lighting harness. Just be ready to cut the hole in your hood..
One thing to remember as well is, don't mount it to far back on your hood because the glare from the sun can be a bit aggrevating.. I didn't want to mount a tach on my dash, pillar, steering column, below the dash.. or anywhere else on the interior.. So that's why I used the hood mounted tach. But that's just me.. and my reasoning. Make it your own!
19 Again..

Attachments

• Picture 110a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Picture 165.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Dstr 1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,299
That $225 tach isn't bad but I just could not bolt Tin Indian stuff to my Mopar.

I wouldn't mind getting a Dixco, since that's what the Mopar parts counter sold way back when...

The Tach 19 Again has mounted on his very nice Duster is a GM unit commonly found on Pontiac GTOs and Firebirds. It can be mounted on any car but its a GM part. Ive had 3 or 4 " Hustle Stuff" Chrysler parts hood tachs they were made by Dixco for Chrysler. When Dixco made them for the Chrysler parts division they came with a Blue and White silk screened " Chrysler Parts" logo on the faceplate bezel. I have a N.O.S tach for my 72 Demon ive been offered $1100.00 for it but i wont sell it. I had a brand new in the box N.O.S 1970 date coded hood tach 2 years ago i sold for $1200.00 on egag. Last year another N.O.S one sold for $1500.00 so they go for big $$$$ N.O.S. keep looking on egag they pop up now and then.

I have this brochure from 73 from Chrysler Motor Parts with the hood tach option, it's on the bottom row kind of in the center, I should have circled it I guess

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,061
TX9 4-Spd Demon is correct they are made for GM cars. And the $225 is a fair price considering the cost of any NOS Dixco.. I went the route that fit my budget.. I wish I could get the original stuff, but my pockets areen't that deep. And BamaDart is correct, in 73 they offered it as a dealer option to be added..
19 Again..

Here is a photo of my 68 DART, with the DIXCO HOOD TACH. The only issue I have, is the light doesn't work anymore, maybe someone has experience in repairing them.

I have talked to TACHMAN, he doesn't work on these tachs, infact he got very rude with me, when I asked him if he works on them. He told me " they are junk ", which I disagree. He only works on those GM Hood Tachs. I would NOT want to cut a hole in my hood, to mount the tach, besides there are NO GM Parts on my MOPAR, not ever lol

MOPAR CHARLIE

Attachments

• my DART DIXCO HOOD TACH.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 967
  • MY DART HOOD TACH2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 976
what a pecker. i was just looking on his website. i really want one for my demon. i honestly think they re kinda ugly, but they re cool all at the same time. plus i d rather have one on the hood instead of strapped to the steering wheel.

p.s. thanks for the info on the other aftermarket tachs 19AGAIN. that tach looks good on your car. i just want to make my demon look like a 'delivered straight from the dealer car.'

many years back i had one of the original hustle stuff Dixco mopar hood tachs with the chrysler designation on the faceplate. to this day , i am still kicking myself for letting it go. i never would have thought they would bring such big bucks. i took it for granted that i would be able to find another one as most people believed they were only a GM thing and did not belong on a mopar. you live and learn, sometimes the hard way...

heard that. but sometimes you get a second chance. i wanted a mr norms paxton set up for my demon forever and found one about 8 yrs ago and didn t even bid on it cause i thought it would go thru the roof, but it sold for 2500. i kicked myself for a whole month before i found an N.O.S. whole gss paxton kit. i ended up getting it for 2499. its a whole kit with gaskets and everything. i m glad i didn t bid on the first one now.lol. sometimes your second chance is better than your first.

I have what your all are looking for in NOS, in original Mopar Box, with all mounting hardware... Mopar Hood Tachometer (Dixco HT/x) Mopar Hustle Stuff | 1970 Accessoires Chrysler Part

mopar.jpg

SOLD !!!

Many thanks for all your offers by PM and special thanks to Pete. You will like this tach, a great enhancement for your HEMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back