MOPAR MANIA 2018” @ PIEDMONT DRAGWAY

-

Calsdart

Reaction score
upload_2018-8-22_20-12-39.png

it's supposed to be awesome weather Friday and Saturday. ..I hope to bee there too.

It's looking more and more like I won't be able to go because of work. I'm on the travel team that will have to go somewhere to help get the power back on when the remnants of Michael roll thru. I don't mind doing my part at work, but I was supposed to pick up some parts that I'm buying from a friend on Moparts. Just a waiting game at this point.

Well, I never made it to the show. It all worked out though. I had to head to Roxboro, NC to work, and stopped at a rest area along the way and texted my friend with the spindles to tell him I wasn't gonna make it to the show. He replied back, and says "You ain't gonna believe this, but I'm IN Roxboro right now and have the spindles with me!" It couldn't have worked out better! I made there before he left, got the spindles, and got to tour a shop that his friend ran. This young man had at least 4 Mopars in the shop that he was working on. The kid has crazy fab skills!!! My friend texted me on Saturday to let me know that the show had been kind of a bust. No racing because the power was still out at the track, and not many vendors at all this year. He said it was a good day to visit with Mopar buddies. Not the tracks fault, nor the promotors.....just sucky timing by TS Michael!

-
Back