Mopar Nationals-Columbus 2011

-
Just looked up the information today. For those who have been there is the auto corral usually full. I think we are just going to show up with a car and was hoping there would be room for us. Any other information to help us make the trip a pleasant please let me know. I won't be going but 64dart170 is thinking about taking my car Daisy up there.

Corral does get full but not too full...there's always room for a few more...you should be OK.

I'll be there with the Swinger....

I was not going, but I have too. It's like needing too spawn. the Nats is a habbit not a hobby. and whats with the jersey guy? only bad time I ever had was in INDY. cops would not let us out of the hotel parking lot all weekend. I think everyone should go at least once. It might be the only pure mopar show left- and that I can't live without. Hope to see you all Friday on the Brice...

I was not going, but I have too. It's like needing too spawn. the Nats is a habbit not a hobby. and whats with the jersey guy? only bad time I ever had was in INDY. cops would not let us out of the hotel parking lot all weekend. I think everyone should go at least once. It might be the only pure mopar show left- and that I can't live without. Hope to see you all Friday on the Brice...
Apparently it is now the Heath cruise, no one cruises Brice??, I was there in 2008 and I saw a few cars on Brice, but I didnt know everyone cruises Heath now???

In 2003, me and 4 other people got a ticket on Brice Rd for no front plate.

Ironically, we were all from Florida.

Gesatpo Tactics at it's best.

I'll be there. Challenger has some melted wires, and the Duster is on the Rotisserie...but I'll be there in the Caravan ;)

Apparently it is now the Heath cruise, no one cruises Brice??, I was there in 2008 and I saw a few cars on Brice, but I didnt know everyone cruises Heath now???
Last year there were still some Mopars on Brice Rd. but it was mixed with a lot of locals and many people walking their dogs. Heath was packed elbow to elbow for what seemed to be miles. Reynoldsburg Police shut down the cruising on Brice about 11:00.
Will be staying on Brice thurs. and fri. nights and going to Heath to check out the cruising. Can't wait!!!

We stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Heath (Hebron) The cruise'n is great. Sometimes the burnouts get crazy. Two years ago a local in a Expedition did a giant burn-out. He was still spinning the hides when the cop tapped on his window. The crowd went wild and started passing the hat to pay his fine. He jumped onto the roof and bowed to the crowd. It was crazy. We (all that stay there) have a great time. There's usually a few beers involved with a few 6 pack cars and a Hemi or two. Hell, somebody usually passes around a jar of moonshine. LOL toolman Here's a shot of the crew from NE Iowa.

Attachments

• Mopar Nats 006.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 388
I have only attended once. Took my brand new 2007 Charger RT, this will be my second time, "Year of the Duster" my favorite part is that it is ONLY MOPARS, up here in WI as with most area's of this country all you see is camaro's and mustangs. seeing NOTHIN BUT MOPAR, for a whole weekend rules IMO.

GMs and FORDS...in WI....your right..don't they know MOPARS RULE...:blob:

Will be going if I get my started replced and drivers widow to go up all the way...dont want to get wet if it starts to rain....and with my luck it will..Stroker...dont forget to call when you get there...I'm sure will get all things fixed and you will see me in the tribute area :wav:

GMs and FORDS...in WI....your right..don't they know MOPARS RULE...:blob:

Will be going if I get my started replced and drivers widow to go up all the way...dont want to get wet if it starts to rain....and with my luck it will..Stroker...dont forget to call when you get there...I'm sure will get all things fixed and you will see me in the tribute area :wav:
Don't feel bad Dustpan, mines still on jack stands. but it'll be ready for the nats......hopefully.

Just looked up the information today. For those who have been there is the auto corral usually full. I think we are just going to show up with a car and was hoping there would be room for us. Any other information to help us make the trip a pleasant please let me know. I won't be going but 64dart170 is thinking about taking my car Daisy up there.

Were you going to try to sell Daisy?

I'll be there in the tribute area also. My dad is trying to back out on me about taking his car too. He doesn't think it is good enough and doesn't want to take it that far from home. He is too paranoid about it. He keeps saying there is no sense in taking both of them. I think it is that he just doesn't want to ride up there for 5 hours by himself. At this point in time, I'm still winning the battle. Hopefully both cars will be there.

What time does the cruising start in the heath area? Everytime i go to heath lookin for trouble its dead! I must be in the wrong area.Where do i need to go for the elbow to elbow people.I've stayed on brice rd for about 15years now and everybodys right its like a ghost town anymore.

We are going...luckily, you can get a room on Brice these days since all the action is in Heath now. Bringing 2- 65 barracudas and a Durango (support vehicle). Plus the Durango has a/c for some relief from the heat.

What time does the cruising start in the heath area? Everytime i go to heath lookin for trouble its dead! I must be in the wrong area.Where do i need to go for the elbow to elbow people.I've stayed on brice rd for about 15years now and everybodys right its like a ghost town anymore.
Take hwy 79 north of either US40 or I-70 which is just east of National Trail Raceway and you cant miss it. I was thru there from 6:00 to 8:00 pm on friday night last year and it was packed, would have stayed longer but my dumba$$ blew out the power valve in my carb.(too much clutch and not enough gas, the Duster was just finished 1 week earlier and I wasn't used to it yet) and had to head back to Brice rd. to get a new one and make repairs. :sign6: ](*,) :thumbdow: Outside of that one little fubar the car ran flawlessly. :toothy7:

](*,) Keep filling Jim B's pockets, he loves your type! lol

so.. out of curiousity.. what would you consider to be a better Mopar show, where there is that much to see, a swap meet with the variety of stuff found there, all weekend drag racing, not to mention all the local cruising... all for a $65 weekend ticket price? You cant even go to concert these days for that price.. This will be my 4th year, and I have enjoyed the past 3 very much,..dont see this year will be any differant.

i m so excited ..... i m on a mad parts hunt this year for the demon. we re taking the powerwagon and i hope i can fill the bed with goodies. this is like my christmas present to myself, and my vacation all roled into one. hope it isn t as hot as it was last year. good luck to everyone whos huntin at the nats. and everyone have a safe trip.

Alright!!! its finally the week...finishing up a couple things on the Duster.....full clean happening this week...leaving Grand Rapids, MI at 4am Friday morning....hoping to get down there around 11ish Friday morning..Anyone else in West Michigan coming let me know...we can get a convoy going

Alright!!! its finally the week...finishing up a couple things on the Duster.....full clean happening this week...leaving Grand Rapids, MI at 4am Friday morning....hoping to get down there around 11ish Friday morning..Anyone else in West Michigan coming let me know...we can get a convoy going
your lucky, you and my son who lives in Rochestor MI (meeting me there) only have a little over 4 hours to get there, I have 10 hours, wish I could get there in 4..haha.

Me my dad and brother are driving his srt-4 acr out and my uncle is diving his 71 340 4spd duster out from south east pa. leaving tomorrow in the am on our 8 hour drive!!

-
Back