Mopar Nationals-Columbus 2011

-
I heard it happened at the track near the hot pit lanes in broad daylight.I hope it wasn't a fellow Mopar guy that took them. Hopefully it was some butt-munch that saw them for sale at the swap meet and thought they could score some for E-bay. I don't have any high priced equipment but I close my hood when I'm not around my car. Sometimes even roll up the windows and lock the doors. Next year it will be called "The Nats" and the Mopar name won't be used. They won't have to pay Chrysler Corp any money for the use of the Mopar name. It was still a great show. I have a few photos to share in the photo thread. toolman Talked to 67Baccaruda a couple of times. His car was in the survivor tent. Wore my FABO shirts in Friday and Sat. but didn't run into any more of you guys. I was looking for FABO stickers and cards on cars.

That is it right there. They have been doing this show forever! They don't make any effort on the improvements because they don't care! If they made the improvements it would cut into there profit...and we can't have that can we??

The stealing of the hoods and air cleaners is totally screwed up! Was that from hotels or the track??

It was at the track in the middle of the afternoon with hoards of people walking around the cars, probally a dozen people saw it happening but didn't know it was being stolen, probally thought it was the owner of the car removing it.

What a set of stones to steal right there in the afternoon with witnesses!
They probibly knew where the owner was, Inside job?disgust

WARNING:
We will be looking for them at the Indy show. Indiana is a conceal/carry state!
I'll be sure to question any and all part removal in progress I see!
CITIZENS ARREST! CITIZENS ARREST!!

It was at the track in the middle of the afternoon with hoards of people walking around the cars, probally a dozen people saw it happening but didn't know it was being stolen, probally thought it was the owner of the car removing it.

That is insane! :thumbdow:

I think it happened in the morning.I saw the sign about it about 11:00 Friday morning.Sat I saw a guy try to steal two of the big metal signs sold in MCG.The Guy he tried to steal them from is a 6'6" Guy who was built like a brick shithouse.He would have been the last Guy I would have stole anything from...LOL
Jim

My point was simple! The prices for everything at that show - enterance fees, car coral, vender spots- are the highest priced of all the large Mopar shows that I have seen. The organization is a joke, and the guy running it does not care because he still gets his money. I have been there when the port o plots were just nasty(and I'm not that picky), the gates for venders got opened when the felt like it, the people that were parking cars, venders. etc, had no clue, it had rained and the vender area was a swamp and they did nothing to help, etc, etc! The only actual good things about the Nats were the after show activities! :thumbdow:

That is why I doubt I will ever give them another dollar of my cash! ans yes, I used to go every year too. I finally had enough. If I was closer I would go get a hotel in Heath and just hang out! :burnout:

x2

Does anyone have video of the Barracuda doing the wheelstand? I want to show it to my daughters. My brother and I saw it on Friday.

Did I miss it or did Chrysler not even bother showing up with their display and new cars! I remember their previous displays with the concept challenger, followed by the real challenger the next year, then the super stockers. Come to think of it I think Edelbrock was a no show too! Looks like it's turning into a two day event with half the cars and swap meet
gone by Sunday!

Did I miss it or did Chrysler not even bother showing up with their display and new cars! I remember their previous displays with the concept challenger, followed by the real challenger the next year, then the super stockers. Come to think of it I think Edelbrock was a no show too! Looks like it's turning into a two day event with half the cars and swap meet
gone by Sunday!

Next year it will be called "The Nats" and the "Mopar" will be dropped. If you use the name Mopar for profit you must pay for that use. Apparently no one wants to pay.

This was my favorite early a body at the show..It is a slick machine..

Attachments

• 2011-08-13 10.15.40.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 2011-08-13 10.15.57.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 197
-
Back