*Mopar Nats. in Columbus Ohio Aug. 9-12th 2018

-
If you should be wanting to check out the judged show car, it is Friday only. So plan accordingly. If your only able to attend the event for one day, I would say that Friday is the best day. Saturday will draw those who will drive in on Friday evening or Saturday morning. The larger vendors will set up on Thursday, but you will see guys pulling in on Saturday morning with parts that they are looking to sell from their garage collection.

It's worth the trip to go on Friday. Saturday will be packed! There will be more cars and alot of racing on Saturday but Friday won't be a slouch.
If you're going for the swap meet, Thursday is good too. Most vendors are setting up and the pickings are the best.
I agree with gunbunny... good deals to be found early. I will be there early too!!!

Well be there! I have my Duster registered but I’ll have to see if I can get it and my truck ready by then.

Well this was not what I was hoping to have to do right before the Nats! My 2003 Ram's limited slip decided to break a couple of the clutch pack clips. The truck only has 80k miles on it and I was just changing diff fluid as a preventative maintenance when I noticed 2 clips were broken and sitting in the bottom of the diff on the magnet. Hoping to get it rebuilt and back together by Friday so I have a few days to drive it around before hooking up a trailer and hauling my car 1600 miles with it.
20180729_170918.jpg

Well this was not what I was hoping to have to do right before the Nats! My 2003 Ram's limited slip decided to break a couple of the clutch pack clips. The truck only has 80k miles on it and I was just changing diff fluid as a preventative maintenance when I noticed 2 clips were broken and sitting in the bottom of the diff on the magnet. Hoping to get it rebuilt and back together by Friday so I have a few days to drive it around before hooking up a trailer and hauling my car 1600 miles with it.
View attachment 1715205668
How sweet is it to have your own lift? ! I just installed one a few months ago in my garage and what a difference when it comes to wrenching!

How sweet is it to have your own lift? ! I just installed one a few months ago in my garage and what a difference when it comes to wrenching!

I love it! Kinda got spoiled though. If we've got one of the cars on the lift and say I need to do an oil change on a different one... will I do it on the floor on ramps now? Heck no, I'll wait for the lift to open up in a few days :D

We need to meet at Denny's tent some particular time. There's usually a bunch of FABO folks around there.

I love it! Kinda got spoiled though. If we've got one of the cars on the lift and say I need to do an oil change on a different one... will I do it on the floor on ramps now? Heck no, I'll wait for the lift to open up in a few days :D
LOL, yup, I hear ya..no ramps for me anymore!

Gotta post a pic of mine..its a low one, bummer but still real nice to have.

16. bench and lift.jpg

Entering the Nats...2018 Aug.9th-12th LET THE FUN BEGIN WITH ALL MOPAR POWER....
IMG_1708.jpg

Mopar Super Cruise
Saturday Night Cruising The Mopar Super Cruise wil
IMG_1576a.jpg

Fun Field
The Fun Field is for those entering a Chrysler, Do
IMG_1851.jpg

Judged Entry
Judged Show Entry is $95 and must be postmarked by
mopar-drag-racing.jpg

2018 Drag Racing Program
The Nationals offers a complete Drag Racing Progra
2013_08_11_9999_10.jpg

Swap Meet
General Swap Meet - Want to sell those used Parts?
IMG_1579.jpg

Car Corral
Car Corral - Selling your Mopar or ? There is no b
IMG_1496.jpg

Manufacturer Midway
Manufacturer Midway - Making New Restoration Part
IMG_1617.jpg

Mopar Model Car Contest
Mopar Model Car Nationals Contest The little cars
2013_08_10_9999_56.jpg

Children's Activities
The Nationals event has something for everyone, ev

Well I live in columbus so I'll likely be around at some point. Probably not in the Duster though, I still haven't replaced the transmission pan yet, been lazy.

I will be there with the Duster,I go every year.We are staying in heath and plan o doing the heath cruise...............................Jeff

@HemiDenny , If we stop over to see you guys and meet up with other members, what would be a good time. It sounds like Saturday would be the day.

We're staying at the Fairfield Inn and suites Columbus East. 14 hours until we start the long drive!

If you’re staying or planning to stay at the Days Inn near Brice Rd, you may want to make a call. It’s currently burning (on fire). The exits from I70 E&W to Brice Rd are currently closed.

Made it up there just at the rain stopped. Still debating whether to go back up tomorrow and buy some parts I came across. Center console for $90, and decent shape pair of '72 duster bucket seats with tracks for $450. I just have so many projects right now and I know if I buy them it could be a year or more before I do anything with them.

The drag strip was a bit disappointing, just too many Rams new Chargers. And a durango. I did not take my Duster, it was not meant to be. Replaced my trans pan, drove a few blocks and suddenly my front wheel bends/twists/dents and rubbed my caliper. Didn't hit a hole or nothing, just driving la-de-da-grind-grind-grind! Local shop said they've had poor luck straightening Weld racing wheels and wouldn't do it. Then my muffler fell of my Ram and my shift pedal on my bike snapped off. All in a single day! *rant over*

View attachment 1715205668
MY 02 quadcab had 168,000 on it when I traded it. The book said to go to synthetic oil in the rear for towing, I did and never had a problem. Mopar wanted $36 a qt for it back then , I bought a qt. at oriellies for $16 bucks, and topped it off w/ the orig fluid from the drain, (truck was fairly new) .

We will be vending in the swap meet field. Stop by the large "Big Top" tent as you enter into the swap meet from the general fun field and pit area for the drag cars. We are easily enough to find.

We will have a large selection of Precision and Steele windshield and rear window gaskets, Metro, Steele and Soft Seal door and roof rail seals, Top Catwhiskers for most all makes and models at the show, package trays, seat dividers, washer bottles, battery cables and the list goes on. If there should be any special request, please let me know asap so that we can try to take care of your needs. This is especially true for AMD sheet metal or ACC carpet.

Also, we will have the 69 383 Dart of JW and Angela Hames under the tent. This car took gold at MCACN last year. There will also be the super nice restomod Dart belonging to Wayne and his wife. This car features a Barton Hemi and a very trick suspension.

Even if you should not need anything, stop by and introduce yourself. It is nice to put a face to a name. There will be an area set aside so that you can take a seat and enjoy a cold water while your enjoying the show.

If anyone has any special request for the show. Please drop me a message in the event that we can help you in your restoration needs. Everyone have safe travels in your journey to Columbus.

View attachment 1715203267
I thoroughly enjoyed looking at the detail of your GTS. The standard that all others will be judged. Thanks.
Check out the tail light detail from the inside, right down to the wire labels.
68 gts int trunk 1.jpg
69 gts int trunk 2.jpg

-
Back