Mopar official Fog Lights (as seen on Hang Ten Dart Sport)

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Do you guys know anything about these fog lights? Is it an official part? The look is great...I'd seriously consider adding them to my Dart!!

Attachments

• mopp_1011_01_o+1975_dodge_dart_sport_hang_10+front_driver_side_view.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,901
Those are an accessory item, I don't believe that they're factory, and I KNOW they're not exclusive to Hang 10's. Apparently that car is 90% of the Hang 10 Dart pics on the internet.

Those are an accessory item, I don't believe that they're factory, and I KNOW they're not exclusive to Hang 10's. Apparently that car is 90% of the Hang 10 Dart pics on the internet.

xs2.....thats some old school JC whitney type light cover or something....
the front spoiler looks like a Direct Connection ....

Nope, those are factory Mopar light covers, they also made the rectangular ones, they offered blue ones too. They were sold mainly for the Dodge trucks like the Rod Hall edition, can't see the lights but Mopar sold them too, believe they were KC ones.

Thanks to you guys who shared info...
...any suggestions on how to replicate these?

not to hijack the thread, but where can I find one of those chin spoilers?

Factory goodies. Direct Connection was cool. The fog lights were called Cats Eye, or something to that nature. Came in different sizes and shape between round and rectangular, as 66340sedan stated.

If you can't find an original set with the cat eyes pattern in the lenses, you could cook something up and use a pentastar decal on some covers for the same look. Direct Connection stuff is not easy to come by, nor is it cheap, but it's awesome. -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MOPAR-D...ies&hash=item2eba36877a&vxp=mtr#ht_4629wt_904

not to hijack the thread, but where can I find one of those chin spoilers?

Years ago I probably bought the last 2 frt spoilers in Chrysler inventory. I had a very good parts gal that kept me informed of discontinued parts. :)
I sold 1 and kept 1. I never got it installed on my Duster. A friend borrowed it from me and says he is going to get this spoiler reproduced. I haven't followed up with him and checked the status lately.

Years ago I probably bought the last 2 frt spoilers in Chrysler inventory. I had a very good parts gal that kept me informed of discontinued parts. :)
I sold 1 and kept 1. I never got it installed on my Duster. A friend borrowed it from me and says he is going to get this spoiler reproduced. I haven't followed up with him and checked the status lately.

Tell your buddy to get on that! I'd be interested if they were modestly priced. Everyone here swears that spoliers by randy is the only way to go. And while I do agree that they look beautiful, and I've yet to hear one bad review, as an 18 year old I can't stomach the price. I presume the Duster one would work on a Dart?

Yes, I need to check up with Greg. This spoiler is considered an A body spoiler not just a Duster. Now to be honest, this spoiler was made for an early A body without the required 5 mph bumpers of the later Darts & Dusters. I've not really tackled the fitment issue on my '74 Duster.
I'll get checked in with Greg and post any movement on this reproduction.
I personally like the original equipment stuff.

Yes, I need to check up with Greg. This spoiler is considered an A body spoiler not just a Duster. Now to be honest, this spoiler was made for an early A body without the required 5 mph bumpers of the later Darts & Dusters. I've not really tackled the fitment issue on my '74 Duster.
I'll get checked in with Greg and post any movement on this reproduction.
I personally like the original equipment stuff.
Fantastic! Looking forward to hearing about them!

The fog light covers look to be soft vinyl...

Seems like you could buy some generic round driving/fog lights and have an auto upholstery shop sew up some plain red vinyl covers...then stencil in some pentastars using vinyl paint/dye for a finishing touch.

It would take some work and some expense...but could be cool.

Paul

Attachments

• FrontEnd.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 337
What do you guys think of these? Any worries about supplying enough juice to safely run them on a stock electrical system?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-5750941-12-Volt-55-Watt-Halogen/dp/B001TWD5GY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388845077&sr=8-1&keywords=hella+driving+lights"]Amazon.com: HELLA 5750941 500FF Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Halogen Driving Lamp Kit (Fun Cubed): Automotive[/ame]

use a relay out by your battery and you'll have a low voltage electrical wire to the relay. They sell the relays at any parts start and usually with instructions.

use a relay out by your battery and you'll have a low voltage electrical wire to the relay. They sell the relays at any parts start and usually with instructions.

Thanks... sounds easy enough!

I have never bothered with stuff like this...but a pair of round running lights on the bumper has a certain '70s aesthetic and I think it might be a nice compliment to the 'Sport :)

-
Back