Mopar Oil filter 0FE00148 Cutaway

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After seeing a few threads on oil filters recently I thought I would check what we have been using on the cuda.
Dad bought a case of these filters 0FE00148 from the local Dodge store back in 2012. I was always meaning to cut one open for a look see. Old filter I pulled off the cuda last year(or year before that) was STILL sitting on my bench so heres pics of what it's like on inside.
Anti drain back valve seems to be made of good quality rubber, "Parker" made.
Spring is fairly stiff/strong too.
I tried to remove the top and bottom "caps". No way they were coming off by hand! Which is good. Pleats held in by a strong epoxy.
I took a grinder and cut the caps down the middle and cut thru the paper to separate. Also cut thru the center metal reinforcement. Very similar strength wise to a soup can. Good n sturdy. All metal in the filter is magnetic so steel, no aluminum. Paper seemed decently thick and fairly durable, not "paper towel" like at all. Although tearing it wasnt hard.
I'm happy and will continue to run these filters.

20190329_033122.jpg

20190329_035958.jpg

20190329_041602.jpg

20190329_050809.jpg

20190329_042113.jpg

I run the short mopar filter #292 I use it in my cars and truck .

I hadn't seen many threads with a cutaway soooo
Dad bought a case of 12 and they fit with the adapter so no biggie.
Is your part # 0FE000292?
I'm glad I tore it apart, seeing a Parker piece inside makes me feel warm n fuzzy.
I run the short mopar filter #292 I use it in my cars and truck .

Real spring too. Excellent.
Cheap filters have a bent piece of steel and that type weakens as it gets heated and cooled. Looses tension and the filter does less and less. Particular slip by.
Great pics!

I hadn't seen many threads with a cutaway soooo
Dad bought a case of 12 and they fit with the adapter so no biggie.
Is your part # 0FE000292?
I'm glad I tore it apart, seeing a Parker piece inside makes me feel warm n fuzzy.

yes #0fe00292

I THINK Mopar does what most outfits do... have the lowest bidder build the filters. Don't be surprised if newer filters are built differently. Most filter companies have a private label program.

I was wondering about the "current" quality of them. Dad passed in 2014, so these are at least 5 years old. He bought a case so I'm good for a while yet.
Only markings I saw was "Parker", no there ones anywhere. I'm confident in the quality of these filters.
I have a "Defense" brand filter I'm going to cut open. I tossed out all my old unused frams.
I THINK Mopar does what most outfits do... have the lowest bidder build the filters. Don't be surprised if newer filters are built differently. Most filter companies have a private label program.

good move if parts store frams
I think mopar has them built to spec before going out to bid
thanks whoever for that length list in another thread, now to find it

The last Mopar filter I boyght from The Leprechaun parts store was $6.00... too expensive

Has anybody used the Mopar 5281090 filter. Comparing that to the Napa Gold the Mopar filter has 8 holes on top compared to 6 for the Napa Gold.

I was wondering about the "current" quality of them. Dad passed in 2014, so these are at least 5 years old. He bought a case so I'm good for a while yet.
Only markings I saw was "Parker", no there ones anywhere. I'm confident in the quality of these filters.
I have a "Defense" brand filter I'm going to cut open. I tossed out all my old unused frams.
The Defense filters are CRAP! They are cheap filter made by Fram. Should be interesting to see the inside of that one.

-
Back