Mopar Performance 4532287 Cylinder Heads Stage VI Cast Iron?

-

SMCARNUT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The heads I have right now have all straight Crane rocker arms. I was told that these heads are Mopar Performance stage VI but they are cast Iron.
Cylinder head casting is a 4532287.

When I ran my stage IV heads many years ago, I believe I had to run offset intake rockers if my memory is correct.
When I test set up these heads on a 440 motor the 3/8 pushrods, intake pushrods are very close, and some are slightly rubbing against the heads. I could probably run 5/16 pushrods on most of them and have a little bit of clearance. I would like to stay with the larger pushrods of possible. These heads are really ported, and I do not wish to clearance the intake port anymore unless absolutely necessary.

I am looking for any information on these heads. Please let me know if you have any information on these heads.

More pictures to follow up today.

20221116_124543.jpg

Are these heads worth spending the money on rocker arms? What are your thoughts.

20221117_110908.jpg

20221117_111050.jpg

20221117_111151.jpg

20221117_111344.jpg

20221117_111347.jpg

I will check the casting numbers on the heads I have and the part numbers of the rocker arms, but I won't be able to until the weekend when I can dig them out. Mine were supposed to be the Stage V cast iron heads and were ported when new by Muscle Motors. I am pretty sure I had contact issues with 3/8" pushrods and regular big style Crane gold and Mopar blue aluminum rocker arms as well and had to run the offset rocker arms to clear the casting without more grinding on the heads.

Harland Sharp will make the rocker arms with the offset you need, but I don't know the cost. If you already have the heads with no damage and additional grinding for clearance is not an option, it is worth finding rocker arms, but know that these heads, in the end, will only perform similarly to an equally ported factory head.

I see yours has the pushrod clearance ground on some of the ports. I remember mine having that as well and still not clearing. Can you measure the thickness from inside the port to outside the port where that clearance is? Wondering if you have plenty of meat left to grind a little more where needed.

They’re stage V heads.

If the pushrods don’t actually contact the head as you cycle the valve thru it’s full range of motion, you’re fine.
You don’t need “extra” clearance.

Mine are same casting number. Here is pictures of the casting number and two of the rocker arms I had on it showing the offset, and the Mopar part numbers of the rocker arms.

7AB2DF6A-358A-43D7-B051-3869A919BC60.jpeg

4AF6E5CE-FFAC-4C4C-8569-5CD3C30BF56F.jpeg

The rockers in your picture have more offset on the intake side than mine thanks that is what I needed to know.
I really appreciate the help.

-
Back