Mopar Performance book=AWESOME

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
I just bought a new, still plastic wrapped, MP Chassis manual on ebay, for a grand total of $7 and some change. Man there is alot of cool reading! I had no idea it had that much info. There are a few more of them from the same seller, but he bumped the price from $5 to $10. The seller is "arrow racing" or something similar lol.

I will get a link in a little bit.

Yup, very informative book. I bought a new one (9th edition) to update from the 8th edition.

Mancini continually has them for 10 so if he gets anymore frisky with his price............

Don't forget to read the leaf spring section. It's in there. LMAO

the engine and chassis manuals provide valuable information.
I have and still use the original direct connection manuals.
got them for my 17th b-day.
keep reading and learn, the recipes are in the books!

Close at hand.

Attachments

• mopar books.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 309
Don't forget to read the leaf spring section. It's in there. LMAO
haha I am going to have to look!

the engine and chassis manuals provide valuable information.
I have and still use the original direct connection manuals.
got them for my 17th b-day.
keep reading and learn, the recipes are in the books!

I have a feeling I will be doing ALOT of reading. I think I may try getting the other books too.

I have the 1984 Engine and Chassis manuals (Direct Connection, say Carroll Shelby's Speed Secrets on them). Don't know what editions those are, but is it worth updating to the current 9th Edition ones just for use with old A-body original stuff? Or for that technology is it pretty much the same?

I just bought a new, still plastic wrapped, MP Chassis manual on ebay, for a grand total of $7 and some change. Man there is alot of cool reading! I had no idea it had that much info. There are a few more of them from the same seller, but he bumped the price from $5 to $10. The seller is "arrow racing" or something similar lol.

I will get a link in a little bit.

NOW ladies and Gentalmen!!!! Here is a am. With a brain! He purchased "A FACTORY BOOK" that has a lot of info and it will always be at his finger tips!

All you young guys should pay up the poultry sum and get it and stop pestering us old farts for yet again repeating ourselves on info you could turn a page on or to.

Great book huh! The "Engines book" used to have all the engines contained in one book from the /6 to the HEMI. Now there done per engine family.

Close at hand.

Nice! I think I am going to try to get all of them. Lucky!

NOW ladies and Gentalmen!!!! Here is a am. With a brain! He purchased "A FACTORY BOOK" that has a lot of info and it will always be at his finger tips!

All you young guys should pay up the poultry sum and get it and stop pestering us old farts for yet again repeating ourselves on info you could turn a page on or to.

Great book huh! The "Engines book" used to have all the engines contained in one book from the /6 to the HEMI. Now there done per engine family.

It is a great book! Thanks for the compliment! I am a sucker for books anyway, I love to read. I used to (before kids lol) sit down and read a 1000 page book in 2 days. I never thought the MP Chassis book was as thick as it is until it arrived in the mail, and it is nice to have all that info at hand and in one book. I do have all the mopar magazines still, from about 1994 to 2005, and it is a pain digging through them all. I also have hundreds of sites saved in my bookmarks just for the info, bunches of stuff printed/cut out of catalogs from my days on the phones at Summit. When it comes to learning, I'm like a sponge! lol (that might not be the right comparison, Spongebob is a sponge...)

Mancini still has the all in one engine book. Though I don't know for how long.

Nevermind my question about whether it's worth having the 9th edition ones, I did some reading about them and looked at my old ones and what parts they are recommending (retro 1984!) and I'm getting the updated ones and a few other goodies to go along for the ride!

and not one single "thanks" or "I'm sorry" from any of them tards that argued with me. That's gratitude for ya.

Lmao well, here is a thanks from someone that agreed with you! I can't wait to see what the difference is when you go by the book. I know the SS springs I had on my old Dart were gonna be stiff, but it probably wasn't helping that I used a breaker bar to tighten them! (I was 18, and I didn't even think there were torque specs for suspension parts!)

Anyone have links to the engine and chassis books for $10? Can't find them on amazon or summit for this price. Thanks.

I thought this was the one at Mancini with all the engines? It says V8, 4cyl, 6cyl, V6. It's the one I just bought. Maybe it doesn't have Magnum? Should suit my needs anyway, but is this the one you guys mean with all the engines?

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mo9thedensps1.html

Yes, they have a separate book for the Magnum. That one has everything from /6 to the Hemi.

Coverage for the 6 bangers is limited though.

Cool, whew! I got the right one. I don't really care about the Magnum stuff, since I don't have any (right now anyway). Thanks.

-
Back