Mopar vs Rice

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJS30

Reaction score
Any of you guys have any good stories to tell about beating rice? My girl use to be race a ricer, Mitsu Eclipse to be exact. Now she is all for me prepping my 74 Dodge Dart for street/strip duty. In fact she is so down for it she wants to use the future Dodge to crush some rice. :toothy7: :toothy7:

Well picture a two lane freeway on ramp with a emergency lane to the left.

Two of them scion things, these ones
scion-tc-spec-package-titel.jpg

both have fart cans, lowered, whatever... 72 'Cuda behind 'em :D

Light turns green to the onramp, they 'take off'...during their 'race', the ol Barracuda uses the emergency lane and goes right on around em lol. Priceless.

This one is pretty funny too lol. my hoopty isnt even fast haha

was changing the carb on my car and went for a test drive, at night, in the city.

came to a stop light next to a tuner, dunno what it was, just remember it was red and sounded like it needed a new muffler.

Took off from the light gassin' it a bit cuz I wanted to check to make sure the secondaries and stuff were all working, the car had been wanting to die when I want start, it was choking itself off or something.

Anyway, got to the second light and the tuner came up beside me and was revvin his toy car up. when the light turned green, even though he tried harder, There really was no change from the first time. He was long gone.

EDIT: the tuner i nthat film clip took so long to start, makes me think he was busy doing something else and got a slow start ;-) especially since you cant hear his cars whine for a good bit... but we will blame that on the vociferous roar of the cuda. :D

DragginMAster said:
EDIT: the tuner i nthat film clip took so long to start, makes me think he was busy doing something else and got a slow start ;-) especially since you cant hear his cars whine for a good bit... but we will blame that on the vociferous roar of the cuda. :D

slip looked like he was tryin :pirat:

Funniest story I have ever heard but sadly didnt get to see was a 66 Mustang Coupe whipping a Honda Civic. All started on Industrial Bouvelard in Cumberland Maryland in the spring of 2006. Guy was testing his 66 he just got done with a 70 Boss 302 motor and automatic trans when this Honda comes up next to him crusing down the road. Honda revs up a few times and acts big and bad. The gentleman in the Mustang however ignores it for about 1/4 of a mile. Then finally when the Honda wouldnt quit the Mustang guy punches it as does the Honda. Well the Mustang won by a long shot but when it hit 3rd gear and was hitting about 5500 grand, trans blows out in front of the Ames store, blowing fluid and parts all over the road for an 1/8 of a mile.

Anoter one happened legally on the 1/8 mile strip in Waynesboro Virginia. But not a Mopar again so very sadden there. This was a 67 Nova with the slant 6 automatic combo. He was racing a turbo powered Eclipse 5 speed, plenty of "bling bling" and loud enough. Well the Eclipse had huge tire spin for the first 100 feet or so, finally hooked and you could hear the blow off valve and everything "cool". But just quiet as a chruch mouse, the 67 slant 6 automatic powered machine won. The tuner was beating his steering wheel and cussing the car out I suppose, or himself afterward on the way back to the pits.

The thing that amazes me, the "tuner" guys spend thousands of dollars to run 14's. I would like to have the same money invested in my car. Now if you ever see a really fast "tuner", it usaually breaks on a regular basis. The only "tuner" type 4-cyl. FWD cars that have impressed me are the Neon SRT's. These seem to run quick & dependable.

No, I don’t have any good import stories because my Cuda is so loud and idles so nasty that the import crowd just stare with hopeless expressions on their faces…well that and if I think one is getting a little too cocky, I just stab the loud peddle anytime between 35 and 45 MPH and lay rubber for about 100 feet….works every time! :burnout:

me i don't like the little ricers with mufflers bigger than there engines but it's what there into my 19 yearold son has a 04 srt-4 he puts every penny he makes in it i have to admit it's quick it'll smoke my dart he tells me everything like dad outran a 50 mustang that had 150 shot of nos got a vette by 2 cars when he got it it clocked 102 in the 1/4 stock with ayear of mods. it"s running 108 in the 1/4 now atleast it's a dodge he wanted a mustang but i told him he couldn't park it in the yard i think he"s happy with the little dodge

mr.318 said:
me i don't like the little ricers with mufflers bigger than there engines but it's what there into my 19 yearold son has a 04 srt-4 he puts every penny he makes in it i have to admit it's quick it'll smoke my dart he tells me everything like dad outran a 50 mustang that had 150 shot of nos got a vette by 2 cars when he got it it clocked 102 in the 1/4 stock with ayear of mods. it"s running 108 in the 1/4 now atleast it's a dodge he wanted a mustang but i told him he couldn't park it in the yard i think he"s happy with the little dodge
The SRT's have pulled this feat off very well. It seems like the hondas are 1957 chevy of this generation. But I just don't get it, I havn't seen any fast ones. I have been looking to replace my sons Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Neon SRT, for the fuel milage of course LOL. The values are not dropping on these cars.

Well not a ricer but a Mustwang. I was going to work one morning in my 73 Charger 440. It ran 11.50's in the quarter. Anyway I'm cruising down the road in traffic, in the left lane. In front of me in the right lane is a chick in a Mustang convertible with a license plate that read "BAD GT". Anyway as it happened we ended up next to each other first at the light. The light turns green and she takes off. It's a stick car and she is just flooring the throttle and banging the gears. I took off with just light throttle and was keeping up with her. I pushed the shifter into second and shortly thereafter decided she was annoying so I nailed the loud pedal. The car jumped up, started smoking the 12.5 Mickey street tires and just left her in the dust.

Until then I don't think she knew what "bad" really was.

awh man i can agree my friend has a 96 eclipse he put about 6k into the motor and such, its now turboed, intercooled, new tires, blah blah, ball bearing turbo, dynoed at 180whp haha, he took it to the track ran a 15.8 :lol: :lol: :lol: PRICELESS, man he get some **** from me, i told him i'll race him in the cuda, and if he DONT beat me with my stock 318 2bbl i told him i'll laugh my *** off, man i cant wait. what does a 318 run its a 1969 motor with a 2bbl auto. :lol:

I had a 67 Satellite with a 383, 2.93 rear end, that I stupidly sold, in 96. Right around the same year the new Mustang Cobras came out.

I had the 383 built, dyno'ed 475 hp. I was cruising home from work one day, staight freeway, Mustang Cobra pulled up next to me, some teenager driving, reved his motor a few times and took off.

OK, no traffic, i gave it the gas too. I read somewhere they had a rev limiter set at 130MPH.

So we are blowing down the road, my spedometer is pegged but i still have half my pedal left. I hear his engine cut out a bit and he falls back, i slow down a bit and he comes back up. I do this a few times, untill i get tired of it.

I fall back to make him feel special, and just nail the pedal, and see him getting smaller in the distance.

That Mustand didnt have any plates on it, either a dealer demo with a saleman taking it home or a brand new purchase, bet he took it back the next day.

rp23g7 said:
I had a 67 Satellite with a 383, 2.93 rear end, that I stupidly sold, in 96. Right around the same year the new Mustang Cobras came out.

I had the 383 built, dyno'ed 475 hp. I was cruising home from work one day, staight freeway, Mustang Cobra pulled up next to me, some teenager driving, reved his motor a few times and took off.

OK, no traffic, i gave it the gas too. I read somewhere they had a rev limiter set at 130MPH.

So we are blowing down the road, my spedometer is pegged but i still have half my pedal left. I hear his engine cut out a bit and he falls back, i slow down a bit and he comes back up. I do this a few times, untill i get tired of it.

I fall back to make him feel special, and just nail the pedal, and see him getting smaller in the distance.

That Mustand didnt have any plates on it, either a dealer demo with a saleman taking it home or a brand new purchase, bet he took it back the next day.

i bet you he kept it, and never told anyone about the race.

1966 dart wagon said:
awh man i can agree my friend has a 96 eclipse he put about 6k into the motor and such, its now turboed, intercooled, new tires, blah blah, ball bearing turbo, dynoed at 180whp haha, he took it to the track ran a 15.8 :lol: :lol: :lol: PRICELESS, man he get some **** from me, i told him i'll race him in the cuda, and if he DONT beat me with my stock 318 2bbl i told him i'll laugh my *** off, man i cant wait. what does a 318 run its a 1969 motor with a 2bbl auto. :lol:

man to be honest a stock 318 2bbl with matching drivetrain is in 17sec territory. (highway gears and such). I ran 15.0 with 2.76s and my boring 318 lol

GoodysGotaCuda said:
man to be honest a stock 318 2bbl with matching drivetrain is in 17sec territory. (highway gears and such). I ran 15.0 with 2.76s and my boring 318 lol

drag racing is only part machine, the rest is driver skill. he *could* win

My wife and I were coming back from a car show. We were on the interstate and my buddy and his wife were behind us in his 70 Torino. This kid and his girlfriend pull up next to him ready to play. He had a Mitsubushi all decked out with the spoiler and fart pipe. It didn't sound stock but how can you tell anyway. He saw me in front of my buddy in my Dart. He forgot all about him. He pulls up next to me. His girlfriend gives me the thumbs up. He starts hitting the gas. My wife says your not going to are you? Well I just leave it in 4th gear and ease the pedal to the floor. I don't know if he had nitous but all of a sudden you hear this bang. The front of his car rises and he starts pulling away from me for about maybe an inch. I just walked right by him. Now I wish I would have put it in 3rd and really show him how real muscle works. My buddy said I left him in the dust. Ya just gotta love how they try.

Fred B

One night me and the wife were coming home from the movies and a clean little vw bug pulled up next to us. It was a lirrle louder than most and it had all the chrome on the motor and stuff. My wife being German comented on how nice it was the driver of the bug saw that and thought he wanted to race my dart revving and thinking he'll win. My wife looked at me and said don't do it! I thought long and hard and decided hell with her, light turned green I gave him the go and I let loose wife screaming the whole time untill I passed the vw then she started laughing and waving at the bug!! Well I guess my wife's first drag race experiance was a good one.

That was when I had the car in California and I was on leave with my wife and that was her first trip to California.

This next one happened in Germany and my wife is now all for whoopin some rice!!

One day me and the wife were cruising in the dart and we were at a light and up pulls a 96 mitsu. 3000gt he starts revving and stuff and my wife starts laughing at him so naturally I give him the light he gets about 1 car length in front and on his rear I see that he has the turbo 3000gt so I had to run him down then! I blew by him with no trouble with the wife waving and laughing again!

DragginMAster said:
drag racing is only part machine, the rest is driver skill. he *could* win
you do have a point, but i know my 318 2bbl will be slow :lol: o well i'll have to show em up with my 340 thats comming soon :toothy7: i want more stories, these are fun to read. Well actually i have one i remember when i was driving the dart it was my daily driver and i got alot of good lucks from it (well from the older people) well one day i was at a light with my friend and this CRX an old one like early 90's or 80's with a huge *** tach and shift light, came up next to me and started reving it, well i know my dart was very slow im talking 19's 20's :lol: well i took off so did he and i couldnt believe but i pulled on him well i was only like a car ahead of him but think of this his car probably weights about 1000lbs less then my car and i though my dart was slow haha. Also i raced my friend in his lifted chevy pickup 350 with 35' boggers, good truck but that engine was very shitty, man i pulled on him haha, he gets crap for it every once and a while. then he got a new engine, and i got no more dart :(

more stories :toothy7:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back