Mopars in the Wild

-

Slantsick

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Some snapshots taken over the last couple years here in southern Maine. Mostly junkyard shots unfortunately; this is Chevy country. :angry7:

72furysuburbanCIA.jpg

60sdodgepickupCIA.jpg

MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-010F.jpg

MVC-011F.jpg

In the backyard of a local wrenchmonkey who collects Fairlanes. (He has between 10 and 20 at any one time, plus the odd Falcon, Cougar, etc.)
MVC-015F.jpg

This Duster (and the Valiant, Polara, and Fury ragtop that follow) live about a mile from my M-I-L. Sign on the shed reads "MOPAR COUNTRY". Don't worry, the Duster & Fury live inside.
7374dustershap.jpg

And, back to the junkyard. I spend a lot of time at the junkyard. I drive a Ford. Probably just a coincidence. :-D

46-48dodgeCIA.jpg

40sjeepsCIA.jpg

65-66dodgetruckCIA.jpg

66belvederewhiteCIA.jpg

66belvederewhiteCIA3.jpg

66belvederewhiteCIA2.jpg

74dartCIA.jpg

First '64 Imp I've ever seen. A beautifully sinister black luxobarge with (no kidding) a meatslicer in the trunk. (Creepy!) Was this car dumped by the Maine Mafia?
64imperialCIA.jpg

64imperialCIA2.jpg

64imperialCIA3.jpg

70dartCIA.jpg

70dartCIA2.jpg

69dartCIA2.jpg

nice looking metal on that 70 brown Swinger.. thanks, sure don't see them like that here anymore :(

Grant

68valiantCIA.jpg

The yard won't sell whole cars.. :angry7: If they did, I'd be down there bugging them every day until I left with this Scamp. It DROVE in there!
72scampCIA2.jpg

72scampCIA.jpg

71dodgetruckCIA.jpg

69barracudaCIA.jpg

69barracudaSCIA.jpg

69barracudaSCIA2.jpg

More later. :toothy10:

Thanks for the eye candy.

I can see 360scamp with that black "luxobarge" imperial for some reason.
that car is friggin cool, but it looks like the yards are not very gentle with their inventory of cars......scrap yard I take it?

Looks like the fabo crew already spotted that plum crazy notchback.
I still see some good parts especially the upper/lower valanaces and windshield trim.
I wonder if it's still there, you could score the front/rear window trim and make some $$.

Too bad they won't sell the whole car, greedy bastards.

Yeah, that yard is crusher-happy.. and they like to move stuff around with a fork-loader. They crush thousands of dollars of pontentially money-making stuff like that Cuda every week; more interested in the quick cash I guess. That fish MAY still be there, I could check next time I'm down there...

Out of the yard for a while.. a decent-looking '67 300- but it hasn't moved an inch in 3 years.

67CHRYSLER300.jpg

67CHRYSLER300-2.jpg

67CHRYSLER300-3.jpg

67CHRYSLER300-4.jpg

Neat rig.. but the roof seam has been leaking quite a while, I'd say- the interior is gross.
76dodgevan.jpg

73-76dusterCIA2.jpg

64dodgeshap2.jpg

$3500- sweet truck!
69dodgeD100.jpg

57dodgewarden.jpg

65monaco5.jpg

65monaco6.jpg

65monaco8.jpg

65monaco9.jpg

Back to the yard again. This didn't sell on the outside.. for $1150! WTF?!
74dodgepickupCIA.jpg

Well, it used to be a Mopar....
30sdodgeyardtractor.jpg

30sdodgeyardtractor2.jpg

50sjeeptruckCIA.jpg

I would say talk to the owner of the yard about that Scamp. It is a clean car for Maine. And everyone likes money that is a fact.

Jeff

Heres a few pics. of some Mopars local to me, theres more but these are the only ones I have pics. of.

'70 Dart Swinger originally a 340 4 spd., now 318 auto.
000_0251.jpg

'72 Dart Swinger slant 6 auto.
100_0259.jpg

'73 Duster body, originally a 340 4 spd.
100_0258.jpg

'70 AAR Cuda, had a 440 in it instead of 340+6. This one is since long gone.
000_0259.jpg

Couple more:

'51 Power Wagon
000_1484.jpg

'78 Power Wagon shortbed & a '79 D100 club cab.
000_1465.jpg

Since most of those cars will never see the road again, you'd better get to parting them out. I see lots of good stuff.

I would say talk to the owner of the yard about that Scamp. It is a clean car for Maine. And everyone likes money that is a fact.

Jeff

Yeah, I have- they won't do it. I also tried years ago to buy a '61 Valiant off them, they wouldn't go for it. Guy says, "I'll sell ya parts off it." So I said, "How much for all the parts?" He just walked away.
icon8.gif

61valiantCIA.jpg

Only good thing about that Scamp, it's up on the "Save" tier, so it won't be crushed.. it'll just sit there until it's worthless.

Couple more:

'51 Power Wagon
000_1484.jpg

'78 Power Wagon shortbed & a '79 D100 club cab.
000_1465.jpg

I like that '51.. thought about buying a '39 off a buddy about 10 years ago, but it didn't end up happening..

A few really old ones...

60chryslerportland.jpg

54-56dodgedump.jpg

59dodgewebbers.jpg

65lebaron2.jpg

No, not a gubmint vehicle.. CIA is the name of the local boneyard.
66belvedereCIA.jpg

68furywagon.jpg

57plymouthwagonwebbers.jpg

All the damage to this was done at the junkyard- did I mention these guys are idiots?
101wx.jpg

tnzg.jpg

buy all the parts and then put em back together when you get home

If I could afford to do that, I wouldn't be nursing along my $400 Ford...

Oh well- when the time's right, I'll find my Mopar. Here's a couple more pics-

57saratoga.jpg

This Scamp was saved, in a way- my cousin bought it for parts for his '70 Swinger 340.
72scamp.jpg

39dodge.jpg

54plymouth.jpg

59coronet.jpg

54desoto.jpg

This '73-'76 Duster sat in this spot for 15 years, but disappeared when scrap prices hit their peak a while back..
73-76duster.jpg

buy all the parts and then put em back together when you get home

Thats what i would do. Tell him to sell you the whole car, if he will just sell you parts, go in there and start taking the thing apart till he gives in.

Wow, awesome pictures and great finds! Could I please use the pictures for my website Forgotten Mopars? www.forgotten-mopars.piczo.com

Also, regarding the Dusters....if you get a chance could you please write down the vin numbers for me if you check them out again? Thanks!!!

-
Back