Mopars Invade Indy 2014 (Monster Mopar Weekend)

-

71duster06

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
Has anyone attended the Monster Mopar Weekend event before? I am hoping to attend more mopar events as i have only been to ones at US-131 Motorsport Park and Mopar Nationals in Columbus.

What are your thoughts on this event overall? I typically drive my car to each event so would i need to enter the show so im not stuck parking with the general admission parking?

Thanks

I have attended all of the shows at Indy. In fact I set up a
meet-n-greet area for the FABO group each year. Below are
some threads you might want to take a look at. The event
is a lot of fun rain or shine as you will see in the threads.

As the time gets closer I'll start a thread to see who might be
attending this year. Tthat way I can have name tags waiting for you at the FABO tent.

The following threads start with the first MMW at Indy then go
to the latest.

Fun times for sure!

One more thing......we try to park all of the FABO folks together.
We do this on the show field. It doesn't matter if you are being
judged or not......this works out great in my opinion

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=159050

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=160134

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=160637

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=202646

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=206509

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=218430

Indy was one of my favorite events. Hope to go back some time soon.

It's a blast no matter what. Always allot of fun with some great members here and some nice looking rides.:headbang:

Wasn't there some controversy about the Indy show last year? I think the track took the show away from the guy who started it or something like that? I know a lot of people refused to go because of it.

I have been going for many years.The Indy show is not as good as it was in St Louis but give it another few years and it will be.Still a very good show with racing,and a pretty decent swap meet,and car corral.You can drive your car in or come over to the FABO tent always a place to sit there.Plenty of FABO members at the tent to meet and BS with.I think Indy needs to change the month of the show because it always seems to rain at the show. Please just do not bring the rain with you...LOL

Jim

Wasn't there some controversy about the Indy show last year? I think the track took the show away from the guy who started it or something like that? I know a lot of people refused to go because of it.

Haven't heard anything about that.

Josh put's on great events although I hope he takes care of the rain thing in Indy this year so we can go back--LOL--He deserves a good weather weekend,Tony does a GREAT job of getting members together and is a GREAT guy to talk to,Also Kegan is all over the place during the weekend--just look for a classic bike and you will meet Kegan--It is a great car show but we tend to be at the track ALL day cause the races just don't stop and they do a great job of keeping the track active----Steve

Found a post over on Moparts.

Monster Mopar Weekend "Mopars Invade Indy" at Lucas Oil Raceway.. June 27-29, 2014.

Your welcome Tony. Won't be long till I have to make my reservations.

I just want to clearify, you can drive your car and park within the track correct? Or is it part of the car show...

I just want to clearify, you can drive your car and park within the track correct? Or is it part of the car show...
I believe it is best to just enter the car show, this way you can park with all of us and enjoy having your car there and not in a parking area , cost of parking and ticket to get it is the same in the long run and we all know how nice it is to have your own car just a few steps away and not a 15 minute walk away :D
Tony or J-miller and many more can fill us in on the cost and what is best when the time get closer :cheers: This is my time away each year and I am ready to see my fabo family soon again.. We have a blast and the track stays very busy and many greats show up for it, I seen my old friend Bill Maveric there and his traveling crew, ( the Little Red Wagon driver owner) My Norm was great to se as well... 2014 will be a great year with perfect weather and sunshine 8-)

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,947
  • Monster MoPar 2013 061.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,955
  • Monster MoPar 2013 063.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,977
Ok Mike--I'm going to hold you to that weather prediction !!!!!!!!--Hope your heart is on the Mend and ohhhh do u need some time away but the hill will be alright for a few days without you!!!!!! Keep the sunny side up Mike--Steve

Here's a map of the track & layout that Tony posted awhile ago. You can pay an entry fee and just park your Mopar with the FABO group and don't have to have your car judged.

Tony & his wife host a really nice area for the FABO members to gather :D

Attachments

• MMW Map 002.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,927
That is the St.Louis show.
The track there decided to let Super Chevy run a Mopar show. Then opened it up to all makes when the interest wasn't what they wanted.
Now worries, Josh King just moved to Norwalk Oh. He's killing them up there too.
I highly recommend the show in Indy. Tony does a great job there with the FABO bunch, makes you feel welcome, and everybody does a great job of watching out for each other and their cars. The show isn't as big as Mopar Nats, but it's coming along nicely.
The wife and I really enjoy that show just because of the folks.

I'm very excited looking forward to the show this year and getting to meet everyone from fabo had a lot of fun last year I was new to it all last year

I really hope I can get the car done this year. an I can come out to play with you all... just need a good convertor and some small thinks

Ok Mike--I'm going to hold you to that weather prediction !!!!!!!!--Hope your heart is on the Mend and ohhhh do u need some time away but the hill will be alright for a few days without you!!!!!! Keep the sunny side up Mike--Steve

I just got confirmation on a 83 degree sunny 5 days :-D see you all there :cheers:
I would not miss it for the world :cheers:

I like the way your thinking Mike !!! We deserve a good/great weekend for a change.

We sure do John, and I hope to show up with a half painted 66 Valiant Sedan we all know as Victoria this year :cheers: yall deserve to look her over after all these years :D

-
Back