Mopars Invade Indy 2014 (Monster Mopar Weekend)

-
i remember the year they moved the Nats to Indy, yes, problem with the police, but i also remember pulling into the grounds and the guys working the "gate" talked to me like a fouth class citizen and their attitude toward mopar was appearant. hope all that has changed, i havn't even entertained to idea of EVER returnin to Indy. So i will hope st louis came return to its former glory!!!

Any time the State Fair Grounds is involved, bad things happen. anytime IRP is involved, expect lots of police, just how Speedway Indiana is. I swear thats how they pay the town's bills.

From FB, Josh says Indy is out. He is talking to KilKare. He says the event is happening that weekend, just unsure of the location right now.

Dennis

OK guy's--I personally don't know what's going on with Monster Mopar or Josh King for that matter,I feel the Need to clear myself here,I've been boasting about the fact that this event was happening at Indy BECAUSE of direct info I received and also found on OTHER web sites.If this crap keeps following this event around I can't see to much future success with it but I wish them the best of luck,3 Months away may seem a lot to some but trying to finalize a schedule for the summer of racing can't be done in a weeks notice,I apologize to ALL of you and WON'T EVER comment on this subject again-THANKS MEN--STEVE

KILKARE???????????????? Screw that,What are all of these events going to happen in Ohio??????? That wipes out a whole lot of us guy's,What about route 66 raceway in Illinois???????? That's a lot more central to all of us--Steve

[ame]https://www.facebook.com/MonsterMopar/posts/597921826957882[/ame]

Just passing on the info, not affiliated.

Dennis

KILKARE???????????????? Screw that,What are all of these events going to happen in Ohio??????? That wipes out a whole lot of us guy's,What about route 66 raceway in Illinois???????? That's a lot more central to all of us--Steve
For me that's great, KilKare is super close. but I agree, surely there is somewhere else to go that is more central. I kinda look forward to the trip out of town.

Right on John-Think things are about to fall apart for M.M. but I hope not,Now he's got the Norwalk event the same weekend as E.T. divisional finals in indy

Word is he's really pushing for Lyons Speedway. I'm not sure where it is, but it's in Indiana closer to Illinois & KY? I'll still come, but not if I have to pitch a tent, them days ended when I left the Army. My idea of "roughing it" is staying at a Motel 6, and that had better have a pool.

Gunbunny kilkare is around Dayton oh looks like closest motel is a holiday inn express 20 minutes away.too far for me and my buddy to travel wife says she's not going this year. I guess I will go to st Louis if they have one.

Word is he's really pushing for Lyons Speedway. I'm not sure where it is, but it's in Indiana closer to Illinois & KY? I'll still come, but not if I have to pitch a tent, them days ended when I left the Army. My idea of "roughing it" is staying at a Motel 6, and that had better have a pool.
I'm all for Lyons if that is another plan. Its located kinda near the IN/IL look up Lyons, IN on mapquest or google maps. The place is awesome, they just redone it not all that long ago. Theres a Days Inn 20 miles away in Sullivan, IN and a Holiday Inn Express 24 miles in Washington, IN.

Gunbunny kilkare is around Dayton oh looks like closest motel is a holiday inn express 20 minutes away.too far for me and my buddy to travel wife says she's not going this year. I guess I will go to st Louis if they have one.
I know where Kil-Kare is, it's near the house and there are plenty of places to stay.
Lyons is looking pretty sketchy to me. Doesn't look much of any thing around there.

Lyon's is a great track, but there is no way it can hold the 400+ race cars, piles of show cars, venders, swap meet, etc.....no way, no how.

The No Box Nationals last year at Lyon's had a little over 200 cars, and the pits were PACKED.....just sayn.

There is no shortage of mopars in the are of the three of these tracks. I went to Lyons for a umtr race and I agree, it's not a big enough venue. Maybe the will split it up and do half the show at edgewater and half the show at Lyons!! My guess is that it's going to be Indy or Kil Kare.

Edgewater, wow, now that a place that could handle the people as far hotels and restaurants are concerned. But no way would they be able to handle the racing and the show cars unless they split it up and send the show cars and vendors over to Fernbank Park.

Lyon's is a great track, but there is no way it can hold the 400+ race cars, piles of show cars, venders, swap meet, etc.....no way, no how.

The No Box Nationals last year at Lyon's had a little over 200 cars, and the pits were PACKED.....just sayn.

flyfish is right..great track but NO WAY can you put that mini cars on that track. will be a lot of unhappy people..

Edgewater, wow, now that a place that could handle the people as far hotels and restaurants are concerned. But no way would they be able to handle the racing and the show cars unless they split it up and send the show cars and vendors over to Fernbank Park.

I was joking. Unless they opened up the field next to it there would be nowhere for spectators to park. Kil Kare would get my vote if not Indy.

In case you can't make it to Indy Trade show or have not heard yet. Breaking news.. there WILL be 2 MMW shows this year.. While we wanted to do Indy, things just did not work out, so we will visit Xena, OH and Kil-Kare Drag Strip June 28-29.

Stay tuned as we will have updates soon on hotels, etc.

And don't forget Norwalk, OH is still 2nd week in September.

So this is going to be ALL 1/8 racing???????? WTH races are supposed to be run 1/4 runs--Well And it adds another 4 hrs to our drive WOW talk about taking it in the rear for the northern guy's---Steve

It looks like it could get cramped up with show cars and racers.

What a shame. Indy running off yet another event. They've done it to pretty much every popular national event except for the US Nationals on Labor day weekend, what a shame. Oh well...

Still NOTHING anywhere confirming this event will be held??????????????? JOSH???????

-
Back