More cars then barns! Stop the Barn Find HYPE!

-
Every freakin' time I pick up a part it has mud/dirt in it somewhere if it has a bolt hole! Even in the basement. Those damn things get into everything.
I guess that's clean, country livin'!. Lady bugs, stink bugs, mud daubers, wasps, carpenter bees, etc, etc, etc. Now I'm raving! Sorry!

Another Barn/garage find? mother load here! How do people NOT know these are worth a pile of moola?????

Attachments

• dalesta.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 126
I counted 18 barn finds in one clist search. Usually something not running or moving will ruin a car anyway and has to be gone through completely so...is it such a good deal? All the crap about barn find, rare, one of xx and all that stuff is just...well you know. I went an looked at two 1950s Dodge trucks a few years ago that were in a barn on a farm. Way to rusted for me. They got 700-1200 each. I do happen to know where 5 cars are stored for 20 plus years and they are not for sale. 3 are one owner. Lil' Red Express (Deceased Husband's)(Garage), Unknown year GTX (Elderly lady's basement, deceased husband's car) somebody in the family is going to get it. Late 70s Vette. He starts it pulls out of garage 10 minutes and back in. 1965 long bed step side chevy. My Family 1969 RR in Garage and early cuda (barn) to be fixed up some day(not!!). So they are still out there.

I am tired of all the A-hats who trespass onto my property to look in an old barn to see whats inside of them.

I even had someone come up to me and tell me about what was in the one barn near my house. He was excited to tell me all about it because he knew i was restoring a 67 dart.
After the story i said that is my barn and my stuff in that barn. Why are you in it? Should i have you charged with trespassing? Can i walk into your garage and poke around to see whats in your garage when your not home?

This crappy barn find theory has created a lot of trespassing idiots that need to learn that an abandoned barn on a property still has an owner who may want to fire his rpg in your direction!

Close to the Windsor area? I'd love to come see the old barn. ;) lol

Riddler

even if a car is a "barn find" or original....who cares. unless its a hemi cuda it wont really matter.

Most original cars or "barn find" cars in the true definition are slant cars that need restoration and modified to make it a joy to anyone.

Even my car was advertised a couple years ago as "original" "survivor" on Denver craigslist and then the seller put it on ebay when he realized his CL price was too low. The seller really pushed the idea that its an original but what that translated to was slant six and small rear end and 13 inch wheels which are not even things that add any value.

If it was not for me you would not even have that car just sayin ! Im the one that found it and showed it to your cuz .

If it was not for me you would not even have that car just sayin ! Im the one that found it and showed it to your cuz .

yup, I remember your PM "your next car" I called the guy the next day because he had it on CL for $800. and he said he still had it.....so then I called him back an hour later to tell him I was coming for it because it would have been a three hour drive and he said it sold.

So then a week later it popped up on feebay and I think it was the same guy because of the paperwork I found in the car after I got it.......but who knows. But then when it went on feebay I gave up because I had a thousand bucks and I figured it would go way more than that and it did......it went for 2200. and my cousin won it off ebay because he has a lot more money than me lol.

Attachments

• CIMG0482.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 103
Field finds are my favorite.......

Attachments

• PB030034.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 84
  • PB030028.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 71 340 duster02.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 108
  • PB030030.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 82
  • PB030035.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 20140610_48.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 85
he is a jackass.

he says he finds cars.. most he takes pics of aren't lost to begin with.

Ah nice.

I drive around the country documenting cars in different states of neglect. From Barn Finds, Junkyards, Fields, etc...

"Barn Find" is just a term that is associated with the cars that allow a person to quickly associate what condition the car is in. While yes, it has been over used, it does work.

If you would like to read about my work, you can use the link above, or www.barnfinds.org.

Also you can read much of my newer stuff from my Hot Rod column. http://www.hotrod.com/cars/barn-finds/

Many of the cars I shoot are not in public view and lost to the general public. I do what I do it to inspire people that there are still cool cars out there to find.

15702087545_521464188b_z.jpg

Ryan Brutt
The Auto Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeaologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

-
Back