More Info !

-

groundpounder

Reaction score
For all of the people (including me) that couldn't wait for this forum to be created there sure isn't a lot of info or pictures on here yet. There has to be build pictures even for the clones.

I'm sure there are 100's of pictures available. It depends what you are looking for.

I've built two competitive SS/AH (25.5) cars and I wouldn't post too many pictures of them due to the "improvements" made in certain areas. I'm sure none of the current AH competitors would post pictures either.

My Hemi clone "street car" is another matter. What exactly are you looking for?

017.JPG

I'm sure there are 100's of pictures available. It depends what you are looking for.

I've built two competitive SS/AH (25.5) cars and I wouldn't post too many pictures of them due to the "improvements" made in certain areas. I'm sure none of the current AH competitors would post pictures either.

My Hemi clone "street car" is another matter. What exactly are you looking for?

View attachment 1715050479
I'd like to see 2 areas:
1. Build specifics (I realize a lot of builders don't want to spill some secrets but there still should be some pics and details)
2. Pics of cars past and current. Who currently owns the original ones and who are racing any of the cars.

I'd like to see 2 areas:
1. Build specifics (I realize a lot of builders don't want to spill some secrets but there still should be some pics and details)
2. Pics of cars past and current. Who currently owns the original ones and who are racing any of the cars.
(1) Build specifics on a '68 Hemi car old school resto clone or a SS/AH competitive clone? There is a huge difference. There a couple of guys on here that are building resto clones. I'm far from a purist so I'm not the guy to help you there. As for the current SS/AH stuff I can help you out.
(2) There are a few forums that cater to what you are looking for. There's a couple of guys who keep track of the original '68 Hemi cars. ClassRacer.com comes to mind (Nostalgia Super Stock section)

(1) Build specifics on a '68 Hemi car old school resto clone or a SS/AH competitive clone? There is a huge difference. There a couple of guys on here that are building resto clones. I'm far from a purist so I'm not the guy to help you there. As for the current SS/AH stuff I can help you out.
(2) There are a few forums that cater to what you are looking for. There's a couple of guys who keep track of the original '68 Hemi cars. ClassRacer.com comes to mind (Nostalgia Super Stock section)
I'd be most interested in the current "legal" racers. There are going to be a lot of variations in clone builds so seeing the legal ones would be a good measuring stick for new clone builds.

I'd be most interested in the current "legal" racers. There are going to be a lot of variations in clone builds so seeing the legal ones would be a good measuring stick for new clone builds.

PM me your email address and I'll send you some shots. In the interim I suggest you buy yourself the latest and greatest SFI 25.5 spec booklet. Google the SFI website and there are directions on how to purchase the booklet. It's around $25.00 US

For all of the people (including me) that couldn't wait for this forum to be created there sure isn't a lot of info or pictures on here yet. There has to be build pictures even for the clones.

Fully agree...
So here are pics of the shifter I´m going to use.
When I realized no shifter boot was on the car when delivered, I started looking for a shifter as described in the SS Guide. One that had a welded then plated handel. I than found out (1968 car magazine pic), handel was straight, not offset.
Housing I have painted black, also as mentioned in the Guide. Black simply (I think) because no boot was used, and it looked better. Reason no boot was used may have been it did not fit well over the Reverse Lock Out bracket and rod.

20170906_095449 My DVFX-468.jpg

Recommended replacement handel, has HURST higher up on the handel, closer to the knob...
20170906_181643.jpg

Now I am anxious to test this shifter and a correct shifter adapter plate...
IMG_6265.JPG

One problem is, "the improved new software" does not show in the thread title what the forum "is". You had a title "more info." I had no idea what it was about, and nearly went "on past."

One problem is, "the improved new software" does not show in the thread title what the forum "is". You had a title "more info." I had no idea what it was about, and nearly went "on past."

Ok, well I only use my PC where I can see what Forum, as an under line.

Fully agree...
So here are pics of the shifter I´m going to use.
When I realized no shifter boot was on the car when delivered, I started looking for a shifter as described in the SS Guide. One that had a welded then plated handel. I than found out (1968 car magazine pic), handel was straight, not offset.
Housing I have painted black, also as mentioned in the Guide. Black simply (I think) because no boot was used, and it looked better. Reason no boot was used may have been it did not fit well over the Reverse Lock Out bracket and rod.

View attachment 1715090192

Recommended replacement handel, has HURST higher up on the handel, closer to the knob...
View attachment 1715090200

Now I am anxious to test this shifter and a correct shifter adapter plate...
View attachment 1715090201
Great picture of the shifter. I also thought it had a very small offset.

-
Back