More Mopar Pickin Today

-
We went from this, to this....2012-2014. He still has it....
Jake's Cuda.jpg
photo 1.JPG
images.jpeg

Boy I don't know, This one is all rotted out , all the floors are gone. Haven't got to look at the frame rails yet.
We could put our hands thru the tops of the qtrs, and stand on the ground from both front seats....lol. but our frame rails were good.

The car has a lot of good parts on it . some nice rocker trim ans SS pieces. Looks like a nice dash pad also.

What's the trick to getting the rocker trim off without messing it up ?

Al, The rocker trim is open ended so once you get the wheel well trim off try sliding the rocker trim forward and backward. The retainers are plastic so if you have to pry do it from the bottom with steady pressure while pushing down vertically and they should pop. The retainers have a plastic conical shaped pin the pressed in, getting them off without the pins dropping into the rocker is difficult and a lot of guys here complain about reusing them.

Here you can see the approximate locations back to front.

upload_2022-2-19_11-49-52.jpeg

As soon as we get this thing debugged and see what's good and what's scrap I'll post it up in a parts car add. I have a small bin of extra parts that came with it also. Some times we pay more than I like to get these cars and or parts, which is why I try to sell everything I can to make it worth while. And obviously a lot of people need all the small parts also ! Win- Win
Would definitely be in for the carrier & gears if She's a Suregrip!! Shame if it's beyond repair tho'...... I'd rather see it saved than parted, but guess You have the vantage to judge that, be lookin' for the updates..

Yeeeaaaayyy!!! Me, Me, Me!!!
I'll Definitely want some Stuff! The First thing I can think of is a Section of Passer-Side Inner Fender that covers the Upper Shock Mount.
I noticed mine is rotted when I pulled the motor...
and one of those... and both of those.. and All three of those! Lol. I'll see what else I can think of when I take a look at it later today.
Thanks for the Link Al!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yeeeaaaayyy!!! Me, Me, Me!!!
I'll Definitely want some Stuff! The First thing I can think of is a Section of Passer-Side Inner Fender that covers the Upper Shock Mount.
I noticed mine is rotted when I pulled the motor...
and one of those... and both of those.. and All three of those! Lol. I'll see what else I can think of when I take a look at it later today.
Thanks for the Link Al!

View attachment 1715873642

View attachment 1715873644
I'll take a look at the one I have

Would definitely be in for the carrier & gears if She's a Suregrip!! Shame if it's beyond repair tho'...... I'd rather see it saved than parted, but guess You have the vantage to judge that, be lookin' for the updates..
Not a sure grip !

Don't know for sure. Jake's car is the only early A I've messed with, other than a blue turd we parted out. They both had 273's when we drug them home.

I have a question about the K frame, Do V8s & slants use the same or different K frames? I thought different but now someone just told me the same .

The k-frame is the same between slant 6 and V8 cars 64-66....but the center link is different on V8 cars and drops down. Some have claimed to have a drop center link on slant 6 cars too or vise versa, but the V8 has a drop center link unique to the 64-66 cars. The engine mounts from a V8 will bolt right to the slant six k-frame...hope this helps Al :thumbsup:

Does it still have the Wiper Arms on it?
Mine have very little Spring Action left in them...
I could use a decent pair off something else if you have them, Thanks Man!

The k-frame is the same between slant 6 and V8 cars 64-66....but the center link is different on V8 cars and drops down. Some have claimed to have a drop center link on slant 6 cars too or vise versa, but the V8 has a drop center link unique to the 64-66 cars. The engine mounts from a V8 will bolt right to the slant six k-frame...hope this helps Al :thumbsup:
I have a 1964 plymouth Valiant no post slant six. I'm building a 1968 340. Will it fit like you say ? Or what do I need to do to make the mods in order to run this motor in my 64 ?

I have a 1964 plymouth Valiant no post slant six. I'm building a 1968 340. Will it fit like you say ? Or what do I need to do to make the mods in order to run this motor in my 64 ?
It'll fit. Headers would be Doug's or tti Otherwise the smaller 273 64-66 manifolds,not the best choice.

-
Back