Moroso Elec H2O pump

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
my water pump took a crap on me this weekend,so its time to upgrade,my dad wants me to get an elec water pump for my car,he said he had one on his 318 years ago and loved it,what do u guys think about them?How are they for a 70%street car?
Thanks MIKE

I wouldn't on a street car. Its hard to beat a good ol fan belt and factory pump for reliability and cooling too for that matter.

Some of the billet electric pumps look cool and are fancy and all but i'm curious about their reliability over,say 20,000 miles.

moparracer said:
I wouldn't on a street car. Its hard to beat a good ol fan belt and factory pump for reliability and cooling too for that matter.

Some of the billet electric pumps look cool and are fancy and all but i'm curious about their reliability over,say 20,000 miles.
Ditto that. I know lots of guys that run electric water pumps, and most of them carry a spare in the trunk. It is not a question of whether or not it will fail... the question is when will it fail. And when it does fail, it is a sudden and complete loss of cooling.

-
Back