Morphed

-
Well I was hoping to get more accomplished today. At least get this wheelhouse fab completely welded. But thunderstorms played havoc on the electricity. Giving in to a power outage.. that and the extensive heat index kept me moist as I sweat bullets.With that the wind decided to take my dumpster for a walk. So much for expecting to finish up the trunk area.

20180701_154531.jpg

07 Magnum track (width) is: 63", 69 Cuda is: 57.4 fr- 55.6 rear LX track is wider, have to do some cypherin' now. :)

07 Magnum track (width) is: 63", 69 Cuda is: 57.4 fr- 55.6 rear LX track is wider, have to do some cypherin' now. :)

This is where the track extends from the challenger at the moment.
Two inches is the difference. Not that catastrophic . Adding one inch to the outer wheelhouse s, and stretching a new quarter panel over that would be subtle.And/or narrowing the rear suspension cradle shorter axles and control arms is an option.
20180630_173419.jpg

20181004_074041.jpg

20181004_074017.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hooked! I love this idea! I had a 50 Packard with a ratted out interior and no drivetrain, but a straight nearly rust free body that I was waiting for the perfect Roadmaster chassis and interior to slam it on. It never materialized and the packard is gone now.

Was that just an interior fire? The Engine bay looks clean.

Here's some inspiration if you need it. They have some tips for rear wheel clearance as well:

I'm hooked! I love this idea! I had a 50 Packard with a ratted out interior and no drivetrain, but a straight nearly rust free body that I was waiting for the perfect Roadmaster chassis and interior to slam it on. It never materialized and the packard is gone now.

Was that just an interior fire? The Engine bay looks clean.

Here's some inspiration if you need it. They have some tips for rear wheel clearance as well:

Yes interior and above sheet metal

Here's some inspiration for a widebody car, it's a late 70's kit car that's been set up for road racing (I think)...
rt20fr20qtr-1.jpg
rt20rear20qtr-1.jpg

It would look pretty neat! Of course, you probably wouldn't have to make it THAT wide...
Butchya could :p

Haha here I thought I was being original with this exact idea for my wife's 73 Duster. Found your thread while researching challenger track widths. Glad to see that its doable. Any new progress? Looks great so far keep up the good work!

our crusty project

Duster.jpg

Haha here I thought I was being original with this exact idea for my wife's 73 Duster. Found your thread while researching challenger track widths. Glad to see that its doable. Any new progress? Looks great so far keep up the good work!

our crusty project

View attachment 1715314129

Yes it is doable.alot of measuring and trimming. Then more of the same. I keep hoping for that weekend to get mire time on it. But something always seams to get in the way. Well soon I hope to make some progress. Let me know if you decide to take the plunge

-
Back