Moser housing & axle package axle seal help...

-

DGrace

Reaction score
Installing my Moser Fab 8.75 & axles and noticed the supplied seals are "no name" and I want to replace with a name brand. They say " Taiwan" and 3200 - nothing cross references. Contacted Moser but not much help, they said they could supply replacements but they would be the same as what I have. The supplied seals measure 2.0690" OD and about 1.5" inside (without compressing the rubber seal). Anybody run into this and know a seal that will work? At work now but when I get home, I'll measure the shaft diameter and see if that'll help my search.Thank you.

As a wild guess, I’d look at the 8.75 replacement seals. Most axle and housings are a copy of the originals. But as I said that’s a guess as it uses factory style housing ends.

As a wild guess, I’d look at the 8.75 replacement seals. Most axle and housings are a copy of the originals. But as I said that’s a guess as it uses factory style housing ends.
The outside diameter is the same as a factory seal but it's the inside diameter that I'm concerned with. Going to measure the axle this evening & see what my measurement is. Thanks.

If ur using green bearings there’s no need to change the inners. Kim
I was thinking that the o ring seal would be good enough but figured the seals came with the package so I thought I'd use them. The National 8695S has the same dimensions - 2.69 OD and 1.5 ID. Thank you.

-
Back