Reaction score
PANTERA
METALLICA
...SLAYER!

and their middle name is "And justice for all"

"Get you butt over here Slayer!"

TokeII.gif
Far out mann

There’s that band called “The Butt hole surfers” if anyone has ever heard of them.

Frank Zappa’s kids names take the cake on the “Far out!” level for sure.

Dweezil, Omit & Moonunit.

There was a band in the early 90’s called “Every Mother’s Nightmare”. Oldest member was 17!

I wanted to name my youngest Saxon but wife didn't go for it.

Hootie !!!!!!!

Pretty lame thing to do to a kid actually, likely they'll hate it.
I'd be pissed if my dad had named me Engelbert Humperdinck or Little Richard.

Last edited:
“Little” was added in front of his name.
Humperdinck is his last name. Engelbert is VERY old.
I’m not sure where it comes from but it is a derivative of Robert which came from Germany that means “Bright Fame” which is a close translation. There are few words that are. Near equal from the Norselands that are same/similar in meaning.

I heard a guy talking to his son at the grocery today-

"Come here, Shamus....."

Who has named their kid "Shamus" in the past 75 years besides this guy?

I knew 4 or maybe 5 back in NY. A heavily populated area chock full of the Irish as well as many Scott’s!
(A great group of people!)

We (gen X) are the first generation that listens to "new" music as well as the music that was popular in our formative years.

Also, Gen X "formative years" music has remained popular MUCH longer than the music of any generation prior.

In the 80's "contemporary rock" stations played 60's music but not 50's.

Today, "contemporary rock" still plays 80's stuff.

In fact, you are WAY more likely to hear 80's Metallica on the radio today than you were in the 80's.

There’s that band called “The Butt hole surfers” if anyone has ever heard of them...
Heard of them...I saw them! They opened for Agent Orange at Bogarts in Long Beach....it was their final show before the all retired and moved to Hawaii.

"Freakanomics" had a chapter about this, what terrible names do to kids.
A set of twins, named La MON zhel oh, and Oh RON zhel oh ( spelled Lemonjello and Orangejello), and She TADE, spelled ********.
I think I would have done a "boy named Sue" on my parents......

I wanted to name my youngest Saxon but wife didn't go for it.

Hootie !!!!!!!

Pretty lame thing to do to a kid actually, likely they'll hate it.

Hey! Check this out! Started a search and found this!
Engelbert Humperdinck (composer) - Wikipedia
The things you find out from just perusing around!
:rofl:

Named my son Creed but it has nothing to do with the band.
I used to have a buddy who was big in "christian metal"

Everytime he would tell someone he liked christian metal, they would say, oh, like creed ?

And he would reply, yes!
Only christian
And metal

Any good?
Yeah, they were pretty good from what I remember, which was minimal that night. It was my Bro in laws birthday. Their music was not that complex...and I just realized that band was the Surf Punks, not BH surfers. Oh, the memory is failing! Here is a classic from the Buttholes..

We (gen X) are the first generation that listens to "new" music as well as the music that was popular in our formative years.

Also, Gen X "formative years" music has remained popular MUCH longer than the music of any generation prior.

In the 80's "contemporary rock" stations played 60's music but not 50's.

Today, "contemporary rock" still plays 80's stuff.

In fact, you are WAY more likely to hear 80's Metallica on the radio today than you were in the 80's.
I think it's funny hearing Metallica and or Ozzy Osbourne at the grocery store... That was definitely not played in the '80s and '70s in the grocery stores or Walmart... I heard the sopranos theme song in the bank today...

"Elevator music" changed forever when Ted Nugent bought "Muzak" in the late 1980's.

I'll never forget the first time I heard Heart's "What About Love" in an elevator.

Gibby Haines from BHS sings on Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" (coincidentally the first CD I ever bought), which has a publicity photo of a 1970 440-6 on the cover.

I saw Ministry and BHS (at different times) at the Orlando Sports Arena.

You still hear "Pepper" on the radio occasionally.

Several good songs on that album. They have a few earlier releases.

Last edited:
..Gibby Haines from BHS sings on Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hot Rod"''....
Fascinating! I knew that song from way back an kept searching Ministry songs for it (sounded identical to them) but it was BHS the whole time! Good catch

I used to have a buddy who was big in "christian metal"

Everytime he would tell someone he liked christian metal, they would say, oh, like creed ?

And he would reply, yes!
Only Christian
And metal
remember Stryper?
mages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0HWYBFy9dtlHI4oOQD3fz4v9mDBgintVQyQC_KqSrP_DZ5lQsjZx2ireP8AhT8nShH08&usqp=CAU.jpg

Stryper_Concert_1986.jpg

-
Back