motor mount woes

-

mtldart

74 dart sedan
Reaction score
I am a bit of a loss on how to proceed here.
I've ordered two sets of motor mounts and neither of them work.
I've called up national moparts in canada and they also weren't able to help me out and didnt know what was going on.
The short and skinny of it is that the motor mounts i have purchased all use what appears to be a bigger bolt. which would mean opening up the mounting point which makes me uncomfortable, but if thats the answer then so be it.
am i supposed to take the inner sleeve from the OG mount and press it into #2? it seems like theres already a metal sleeve in #2 so i dont THINK thats possible, but I could be wrong.

so left to right we have
1) original motor mount. 74 dart sedan.
2) DEA A2376
3) Westar EM2324 (i dont even think the bolt holes line up on this one)
PXL_20211024_180516706.jpg

all potential replacements were purchased from rockauto. my local parts suppliers cant help me with anything i cant get from rockauto it appears.

what am i doing wrong?
what can i purchase to fix this?
i don't need a crazy expensive bushing, this is a daily driver that will likely never have any engine mods to give it more power. i just wanna cruise and not have my motor mount break.

Apples and Oranges..............

Looks to me like they sent you a 2323 not a 2324

a2324_ang__ra_p.jpg

602323_1__ra_p.jpg

If you go with the insert you will need to remove the metal sleeve from the original mount

2376-000__ra_p.jpg

Last edited:
well now im even more confused. Every site i look at does not have the same picture that you posted for the 2324 mount. they all have the diamond shaped insert like what i received!

well now im even more confused. Every site i look at does not have the same picture that you posted for the 2324 mount. they all have the diamond shaped insert like what i received!
All photos are from rockauto's site, they have diamond shape also, don't think it matters

EM-2324__ra_p.jpg

Send #3 back and tell them to ship the correct part.

ok....how do i get this round hole one?
thats what i need. but thats not what shows up.

they sent me whats in the picture.

Its been far too long since i ordered it to get a return. so im just gonna chalk it up to me being too slow and buy the RIGHT thing, but aren't they just gonna send me the same diamond hole one again since thats whats in the picture?

wait i think i figured it out!
Westar has the diamond mount.
DEA has the round hole.
Ill try again i guess with the DEA!
I could have bought poly bushings by now!

thank you for your help!

just hammer the old bolt into the new hole. probably just a friction fit out of rubber.

just hammer the old bolt into the new hole. probably just a friction fit out of rubber.
The new hole is MUCH bigger than the bolt size. If anything it needs a sleeve.
I don't have access to a hydraulic press so pulling the old motor mount, removing the metal insert and putting it into a new bushing isn't an option. I annoyingly need a bolt on option, I do all my work in the alley so no motor mount for a few days while I run around finding a shop to press in stuff isn't an option.

the bolt will draw in the sides, clamping the mount. bolt may have little to do with supporting the motor.

The bushing isn't really pressed in to the engine bracket. It is held in by the swedged out edge of the metal sleeve. You can hammer, chisle, or grind off the 'tabs' and the bushing will practically fall out. Put in the new bushing and then just swedge out two spots on the sleve to hold it in place. I have changed plenty of mounts like that.

When searching with the Chrysler part number which is 3642821, an original factory mount is found on eBay. Enter the following on eBay: Nos Mopar 73-83 most models 6 cyl

Some of those thru bolts have "wings" swedged on the shank to prevent turning while tightening up the nut w/I having to get a wrench on the bolt head side. That may be, why the diamond shaped hole.

Some of those thru bolts have "wings" swedged on the shank to prevent turning while tightening up the nut w/I having to get a wrench on the bolt head side. That may be, why the diamond shaped hole.
yep this bolt has little wings on it. even then the bolt is WAY smaller than the diamond. it just turns and has a ton of space. If i was a smarter man I would have taken a pic with the bolt in the diamond shaped to see the difference in size. it isn't just a little.

-
Back