Motor Mounts for a 67 Barracuda

-
Stock k frame? If so, TTI, Schumacher, Mancini. If has aftermarket k frame, go to that specific manufacturer.

If you lean towards the LS.....check out YoungDarts thread in the restoration section. He made his mounts, I think. I used TTI spool mounts to put the 5.7 in my Duster. I modified the drivers side so the AC compressor would fit.

Depending on what year hemi you're looking at, there's a reasonably priced conversion pan, tray, and tube in the for sale section.

something in the 03-08 range. Any year in particular i should look for? Not building a race car just an old car with modern stuff.I do not want that vvt stuff at all. I would like to change the cam.

03-08 are definitely more "hot rod" friendly. Probably look for 06-08. Some of the oil pump, valve seat drop issues were pretty well cured by then. If you're looking to get real crazy (forced induction), then you need forged internals.

if you want cam and headers type of normally asperated setup. id suggest eagle(09and newer 5.7s) heads over the older pre09 5.7 heads. they will bump your compression up considerably but they also flow waaaayy more. thick head gaskets will allow the compression to at least run some higher pumpgas octane stuff. good cam from bfny erik storm and you will have a 500hp beast.

-
Back