Motor Mounts

-

67mopr

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread has been done already. I'm curious as to what motor mounts you guys are using in your torque monsters. I'm using Moroso metal mounts and it vibrates the hell out of everything. I'm always retightening bolts and stuff. I went with the metal mounts cause that's what I was advise to use to keep the motor down. It's a 408 stroker with 510 LBS torque and 490 HP.. I keep looking at the Poly Locks that Mancini racing has. Thoughts anybody? Oh it's a street car and I do like to take it out and open it up. I did take it to the track once had fun with it but it's not something I'm gonna do regularly.

I've had the poly locks in my 372 dart for 13 years and no problems, my use sounds similar to yours. I plan on using them in a 4 speed duster that's in the works too.

Back in the 70's I used the Ed's "For 340's Only" brand solid steel motor mounts and never felt any vibrations, just everything nice and solid which was good so as not to twist my 4 speed and clutch alignment out of shape. But they really were solid, not hollow like the Moroso brand. I would think with a blueprinted and balanced engine and drivetrain that any vibrations would be suspect, but I am no expert.

The poly mounts will still give you "some" vibration that can be felt with a stock-ish engine.In a built engine you will hardly notice.I put Poly in the 64 Dart.

Not that I have needed super tough mounts a lot, but I always went for the rubber mounts and a strap.
That way you only get vibration transfer when it hits the strap, and otherwise feels like any other stock mounts.

Man, I've run lots of cars with at least a solid mount on the driver's side and didn't experience bad enough vibration that it loosened bolts. Even with cars that had solids on both sides didn't do that. Something doesn't sound right to me....and never run solid on all 3 points.

I'm using poly spool mounts with a torque strap. I think I got the mounts from Mancini. Rubber/poly mounts should be good as long as you have a torque strap on it.

Id say never run a mix of both, 1 solid and 2 rubbers would seem to put too much stress on the solid mounting point. Its going to give somewhere, and the solid will crack over time. Id vote foy 3 rubbers and a torque strap.

-
Back