Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Adding a motor plate to my car on my new build. The race timing cover is impossible to find or absurdly priced. So I got resourceful and purchased the Chinese standard new replacement on Amazon for $50.00 and with a trip to the machine shop via a friend and a little welding via another friend and some elbow grease with a file, and I think I have a workable cover and motor plate setup.
The motor plate is the A.R.E. With the corners trimmed off and the A.R.E. Alternator mount kit shown. Since I never intend to use a mechanical fuel pump, and because the fuel pump mounting flange would have protruded into the motor plate requiring an ugly relief of some type, I decide to just cut off the entire mounting flange from the cover, and welding a piece in to fill the mechanical pump arm slot to plug the would be oil leak. This cover will never see coolant since I plan to cool the motor through the centre freeze plugs with an external meziere water pump. This should avoid the problems that some racers have with trying to keep a motorplate,electric water pump,and a wet timing cover from leaking as the engine torque flexes the plate.
Cheers and seasons greetings.

Duane

Interested in every little detail. Looks like we have some of the same things/parts going on. But my motor plate is a different named item. Still just a chunk of AL. I have collected everything, just haven't jumped yet. I was thinking something a bit different but I like your direction.

Feed me more Semore

-
Back