Mounting a Dual Snorkel Scoop on a Dart Sport?

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I know there is already a very good thread in the archives all about these dual snorkel scoops! Its has a lot of great information on it but it does not really answer my question.

I have a 75 Dart Sport and I want to add a DS scoop to it. Now I've looked for one for a few years and I would love to buy on from AAR that's already fitted to a dart sport. Being that I live in Canada the shipping, customs, taxes that I will have to pay to bring one up puts it out of my range. I've looked at cheaper ones like VFN fiberglass but I'm hesitant to buy something that may look cheap or need a lot of work...

So a couple weeks back I found this place.... with this scoop.

http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=55_82&products_id=852

I've been in contact with them, they sent me a dozen pics of the scoop, it looks really nice. The place is in Canada and actually my father has gone to the east coast and can pick it up for me on his way back so no shipping or customs....

Here's my only issue and I need some input. They only supply these with a flat bottom that would mount to a flat hood like a demon or an earlier dart. Do you think the bottom of this scoop could be contoured to mate against the V in the dart sport hood? I have a pic of the underside that they sent me. Has anyone ever done this themselves? anything I should look for or watch out for?

Thanks everyone, I will try to get that pic up.

Should be easy as it doesn't need that much of a V to make it fit.

..................Make sure u get ur dad to check it over very carefully...........i personally dont buy his junk..............kim........

-
Back