Mounting a Dual Snorkel Scoop on a Dart Sport?

Members Restorations

1. Dart Sport 360

Dart Sport 360 Wanna Race?

Local Time:
    12:45 AM
    Hello Everyone!

I know there is already a very good thread in the archives all about these dual snorkel scoops! Its has a lot of great information on it but it does not really answer my question.

I have a 75 Dart Sport and I want to add a DS scoop to it. Now I've looked for one for a few years and I would love to buy on from AAR that's already fitted to a dart sport. Being that I live in Canada the shipping, customs, taxes that I will have to pay to bring one up puts it out of my range. I've looked at cheaper ones like VFN fiberglass but I'm hesitant to buy something that may look cheap or need a lot of work...

So a couple weeks back I found this place.... with this scoop.

http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=55_82&products_id=852

I've been in contact with them, they sent me a dozen pics of the scoop, it looks really nice. The place is in Canada and actually my father has gone to the east coast and can pick it up for me on his way back so no shipping or customs....

Here's my only issue and I need some input. They only supply these with a flat bottom that would mount to a flat hood like a demon or an earlier dart. Do you think the bottom of this scoop could be contoured to mate against the V in the dart sport hood? I have a pic of the underside that they sent me. Has anyone ever done this themselves? anything I should look for or watch out for?

Thanks everyone, I will try to get that pic up.

2. jaws

jaws I put the fun in dysfunctional FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    Should be easy as it doesn't need that much of a V to make it fit.

3. pettybludart

pettybludart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You can just notch a V in it,if it doesn,t already have it.I installed a factory one on my 66 Dart.I,ve bought 2 factory ones off Kijiji.com for $200 apeice.Here,s a pic of the one on my 66 Dart.I haven,t mounted the other one on my 73 D.Sport yet.
    View attachment car pics 66 Dart 186.jpg

4. oldkimmer

oldkimmer FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    ..................Make sure u get ur dad to check it over very carefully...........i personally dont buy his junk..............kim........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.