Moved under it own power after 2 years

-

nwdart

Reaction score
1C541FEB-D4B2-43E6-90D3-C736DD8EF671.jpeg

Going racing end of month after a couple years with the car down. Will be interesting to see what kind of reaction times show up. Just excited to go see everyone 1/8 mile at Bremerton plus a foot brake challenge that’s been going on for years. 430” 340 should go good. 60 over now. Had to freshen her up after a few years of beating on it

69397A8D-30D4-43C3-BEE0-A6A2E707E382.jpeg

Never dynoed it before but time slips from before refresh were 1:30 60 foot 6:16 eighth 9.77 quarter. Had her a long time started as a 11:70 car and transformed every winter in my garage to what it is now. Blew a head gasket August of 2020 got it fixed thought it was good. I race in mission BC. Primarily and border was closed so car sat. Got ready to go last year and ran the car a bit in the shop and had water in the oil again. Cracked a sleeve in #7 the last time and didn't catch it. So down to bare block waited for parts waited for machinist. Missed last year too

Right on, this is the 1st time seeing a post from you after meeting you over at kens house when I picked up my big block a few weeks ago. Glad you got your dart going. Sorry, I was mistaken with what I said about art morrison and the coupe you bought
Nice meeting you by the way.

Heck yeah man that's great! Can you tell us the details on the engine? It looks really nice.

You seem to have the same problem as I do with rubber mysteriously sticking to your garage floor LOL. Good luck at the track!

Right on, this is the 1st time seeing a post from you after meeting you over at kens house when I picked up my big block a few weeks ago. Glad you got your dart going. Sorry, I was mistaken with what I said about art morrison and the coupe you bought
Nice meeting you by the way.
Thanks it's been a long wait to get parts to get her going again. Drove it out of the shop and gave it a much needed bath , felt like a kid at Christmas. Loading it up after work tomorrow to get my chassis re certed.

Heck yeah man that's great! Can you tell us the details on the engine? It looks really nice.
Thanks rusty, it's been a great motor 68 340 block sleeves in every hole when we originally built it 30 over now 60 over same molnar stroker crank new diamond pistons and total seal rings bigger 650 lift cam , bigger 950 quick fuel carb trick flow heads now ran eddys performers before 1 7/8 Tti headers. 13 to 1 compression 430 cubes. More airflow more fuel should go a bit better than before,we'll see. Ran 6.1 in 1/8th before love to see a 5.99

Thanks rusty, it's been a great motor 68 340 block sleeves in every hole when we originally built it 30 over now 60 over same molnar stroker crank new diamond pistons and total seal rings bigger 650 lift cam , bigger 950 quick fuel carb trick flow heads now ran eddys performers before 1 7/8 Tti headers. 13 to 1 compression 430 cubes. More airflow more fuel should go a bit better than before,we'll see. Ran 6.1 in 1/8th before love to see a 5.99
Sounds great! It sure looks nice! You have any running video?

Are you coming to the Mopar Nationals at Woodburn next month Sunday the 17th?..
This is actually a screenshot of a video I got of you back I think in 2017...
Screenshot_20220620-223906.png

Are you coming to the Mopar Nationals at Woodburn next month Sunday the 17th?..
This is actually a screenshot of a video I got of you back I think in 2017...
View attachment 1715944794
We will be at woodburn fri,sat and Sunday. That picture is from before I backhalved the car and the old 8 3/4 was still straight. It bent and twisted the housing tube. Dana 60 in it now. I got my chassis re certified today so I'm good to go now.

We will be at woodburn fri,sat and Sunday. That picture is from before I backhalved the car and the old 8 3/4 was still straight. It bent and twisted the housing tube. Dana 60 in it now. I got my chassis re certified today so I'm good to go now.
I think it took about 20 passes for me to blow my 8 and 3/4 and go to a Dana lol..
Look forward to seeing you and your brother...

Nice!, I'm trying to get the dart finished for the nats but personal life keeps intervening, at least it does have the cage in it now. Either way myself, Jon and Tim will be there so we can all hang out.
20220604_113410.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!, I'm trying to get the dart finished for the nats but personal life keeps intervening, at least it does have the cage in it now. Either way myself, Jon and Tim will be there so we can all hang out.View attachment 1715945709 .
Looks great man! Give Tim a knee to the nads for me when you see him.

-
Back