Moving distribution block?

-

63SplitWindow

Reaction score
Just installed 1 7/8" TTI headers on my 73 Dart Sport and now have to relocate the brake line distribution block. The #7 primary tube comes to within about 1/2" to the block which is mounted on the inside of the frame. I had to remove it to install the slip on pipe. I called TTI and they told me that does happen with some of the A body applications. Anybody else experience this? Where did you relocate the block to?

Inner fender under the master, or make a bracket to hang it right under the master.
Like this:
upload_2022-8-31_21-2-53.png

I've moved the block to another part of the frame rail, several inches away. Not a problem except, of course, you'll need to re-route the lines, and you'll need a double-wall flare for any lines you have to shorten or for any lines you replace.

Should you need any brake line fittings, know that the local parts store fittings are from China, and the threads are wrong. Get them from Eberg or some other vendor on ebay.

I've not hung one from the m/c myself; I prefer it down on the frame rail, but then I'm pretty old school.

My RB in my 68 Spool type K frame has a factory heat shield in it.Looks similar to this one.
View attachment 1715979135
Looks a lot like the heat shield that are used on a big block A-body. It also solves a mystery that I had with two heat shields. They were almost identical and now I see that one was for an A-body and one was for a B-body.

Heat shield won't help if the exhaust is butting up against the distribution block, like it did on my 65 Barracuda when the block was in its original location. Really don't know how close the exhaust could safely come, but half an inch seems kinda close to me.

That is a pic of the heat shield in my 69 383. I posted that Pic many times.

To the OP, Purchase new lines and return it to the stock loacation and purchase this Stainless HS as pictured!

You may be able to reposition your engine some by loosening your engine block brackets to motor mounts, and lifting your engine up or letting it down. Or, maybe you need new motor mounts, and the same procedure applies.

You may be able to reposition your engine some by loosening your engine block brackets to motor mounts, and lifting your engine up or letting it down. Or, maybe you need new motor mounts, and the same procedure applies.
These are new motor mounts I just installed so U had the correct position of the motor for the TTI headers to fit. The original location was right on the #7 primary tube (1 7/8 tubes)
I found a location on the fenderwell that should work out.

-
Back