Moving to North Carolina

-

70DusterDev

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My job offered me a position at the new plant they are opening in Mayodan NC and I took it! I’m 24 and have been in VT my whole life so this is a pretty big and exciting change. I was just curious how many Mopar guys are in the area and what the muscle car scene is like there?

I've been working on the duster and hopefully will have it ready or at least painted for when I move in April.
cheers2.gif

Would that be the new Ruger plant?

That's cool! I love guns about as good as mopars sometimes more:glasses7:

Just shot my friends super Blackhawks 44 today. Would love to have one! Think you could pull a Johnny Cash and get me one "one piece at a time? :glasses7:

Are they still using the 4 hammer GFM machines to pound out barrel blanks on mandrels?
I made shotgun and rifle barrels for a few years for Remington back in the 70s. It was quite the process - albeit sucked as a job after awhile..

The muscle car branch is alive and well in NC There's a heritage there that stems from moonshine runners. Nascar is the largest branch to grow from those roots and this is most evident in the Charlotte NC area.

NC is the home of Richard Petty.

There are LOTS of ebay Mopar listings from NC, many from the same vendor.

Lots of clean looking, and realistically priced craigslist ads in NC/SC as well.

i used to work @ MOPAR RANCH before the owner moved to NC. as far as i know he is still doing the ranch out there, although its been years since we talked.

You will love the south just remember it gets hot down here and stock up on maple syrup cause it is expensive and learn how to talk southern.

I move to NC 15 yrs ago from LA ( Lower Alabama) and Love it here
Seasonal weather here not hot all the time or bitter cold
Car culture is Huge
local carshows
Nascar
Zmax ....
you should be able to find something you like to keep you busy

Awesome! Well thanks for all the info guys! And yes we still use the gfm 4 hammer machines but they have come a LONG way.

lots of fast cars and good shows there are two good mopar shows rockingham and Farmington and there is the auto fair at charlotte, and lots of drag strips hope you like ol nc:-D

As a life long NC guy and my wife is from the Madison/mayodan area. Welcome there are great cars and our mopar guys HIDE most of the good stuff sadly. we have a couple really good mopar events Piedmomnt mopar club fun run in the spring and Mccandles event int he fall both about 35 minutes from you. Pettys garage is about an hour out. feel free to Message me here if you need any info im in that area every other week visiting the inlaws

Where is Mayowhayeverthatnamewas? Never heard of it. Lots of car shows here and muscle cars, all are GM and FoMoCo products.

I'm glad you posted this. It reminds me of what I want to do. I'd say you are headed in the right direction. Since I'm retired, you notice the weather more, and in Ohio it seems like we get about 6 months of winter and 3 months of solid rain in the spring, with summer and fall thrown in, in bits and pieces.

I think, you'll love it down South, and since you're coming from Vermont, you might be Blessed more than you know.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Just an update here, I made the move down last April. Got the duster down here after christmas and am really enjoying it so far! I certainly miss things about Vermont but they are getting snow tonight and its 80 out here today so the weather certainly is an improvement!!

If any of you guys are from this area, id love to meet up and meet some of the local Mopar enthusiasts!

Be sure to add one of these stickers to your vehicles and the good ol' boys will roll out the welcome mat....Lol

Attachments

• TheConfederateFlag.gif
    24 KB · Views: 237
welcome come on down! If your in to mopars your a friend. I'm close to charlotte stop in and have a beer!!

just remember: grits, bar b que, and fried chicken...,. family style! yes a rebel flag and throw in some Y'all's......

-
Back