1. Slantsix64

Slantsix64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    hey guys so I wanted to hear your experiences with MSD BOX 6al, I know it produces multiple spark discharges up to 3k which lays around were I do most of my driving, what were your gains and experiences? I'm currently running 73 up dizzy with Ecu module. I tired HEI but failed every other month so I'm done with that. Yes I know it's pricey but that's why I have a job.

• Like Like x 1
    • n.y.340 dart

n.y.340 dart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I run a 6al it runs smoother and starts way better! Changed from a tach drive chrome box to 6al and billet dist.

• Like Like x 1
      • Garrett Ellison

Garrett Ellison Amateur driver on public roadway, do not imitate.. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        10:30 PM
        Which HEI modules have you tried and do you have your module mounted on a heat sink with a coating of heat transfer grease? Is the coil in the proper resistance range for the HEI ignition? This module is highly rated, this will probably be the setup I use when my orange box gives up the ghost.
        Davis Unified Ignition Dyna-Modules 000222 Mounted on this ACDelco Ignition Module Heat Sinks 10474610 at the usual location for the factory ballast resistor.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
        • Like Like x 1
        • Slantsix64

Slantsix64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          I had pretty much all the brand available, the Davis lasted the longest they all would burn out on the highway, it was a big difference though when I had it on my car.

• Like Like x 1
          • cojohnso

cojohnso Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            Not to mention the better module options (I believe) with MSD. Two step launch controllers. Multiple dial rev control modules. Full coil and distributor performance product matching. And of course upgrade to digital MSD system if tighter spark control is needed for higher HP and RPM builds?

I'm not up to date with HEI options. But so far with MSD? I don't have to be.

JMO of course.

• Like Like x 1
            • famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
              I AINT UP TO DATE ON ANYTHING OR HAVE EXPERIANCE W/ MANY DIFF. IGNITION SYSTEMS , I have had MSD 6 al`s on 4 diff. hotrods , and never had a problem w/ any of them !

• Like Like x 2
              1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.